9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 09-27-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello, new GSX-S750 Owner... WOW!

Hello all, just poking in here as I'm completely stoked with my new GSX-S750 (the 'x', with the matte black paint)!

I rode for 6 years on a second-gen SV650 (with the fairings and clip-ons), put about 60k miles on that. It's been 7+ years however since I've ridden regularly.

Um, this is a different bike, fer sher. This bike impressed me with it's smoothness thru the lower RPM's, the amazing handling, comfortable riding, and vigorous power in the upper RPM's.

I installed a Givi knock-off windscreen to assist with highway (and beyond) speeds, replaced the levers, and removed the rear fender and installed less obnoxious turn signals. Looking to see what other mod's folks are doing?
post #2 of 12 Old 09-27-2019, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Welcome but I guess there's no GSX750 forum huh?

You'd get better answers to your question I'd think there (if it exists).

Outside of what you've already done, it's exhaust & tune. I thought I read that the 750 actually gets louder with a slip-on while with ours it's not much of a change (some like a Mivv Double Gun, basically 2 small pipes, is more than others). As an example, I recently listened to the sound files on Akrapovic's website between stock & their slip-on and it's the SAME, lol. Scroll down: https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/pr...63&yearId=5233

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Blue rim tape / Fender eliminator / Pazzo levers / MRA Race Windscreen

2019 Triumph Speed Twin (for sale soon ...)
post #3 of 12 Old 09-27-2019, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxus_Lou View Post

Outside of what you've already done, it's exhaust & tune. I thought I read that the 750 actually gets louder with a slip-on while with ours it's not much of a change (some like a Mivv Double Gun, basically 2 small pipes, is more than others). As an example, I recently listened to the sound files on Akrapovic's website between stock & their slip-on and it's the SAME, lol. Scroll down: https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/pr...63&yearId=5233
?? He posted in the GSX S750 sub-forum... What am I missing?

2016 GSX-S1000
2013 Honda F6B

post #4 of 12 Old 09-27-2019, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxus_Lou View Post

Um, Lou, this thread is actually in the GSX 750 General Discussion forum.
Gixxus_Lou likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 09-27-2019, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Doh! Carry on... never looked to see the sub-forum nor knew we had a spot for 750's on GSXS1000.org.

All good as we're all riders in the end with the same love of the hobby ... like a good Canuck "apologies @jeremyfastasu ".
broncsrule21 and oldjackbob like this.

2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000

Blue rim tape / Fender eliminator / Pazzo levers / MRA Race Windscreen

2019 Triumph Speed Twin (for sale soon ...)
post #6 of 12 Old 09-27-2019, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
its all good.
Gixxus_Lou likes this.

2016 GSX-S1000
2013 Honda F6B
post #7 of 12 Old 09-28-2019, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
This Forum goes back to 2015.
The GSX-S1000 was the first to use that naming of GSX-S.
The 750 was derived from the GSR600 which became the GSR750, which finally became known as the GSX-S750.
There are other Family Members, the GSX-S125 cc and the KATANA 1000.
In time, I wouldn't be surprised to see more with a GSX-S 250, 400 or even a GSX-S500, all parallel twin's. Who knows an electric scoot, the GSX-E 1000 KW.

Perhaps ADMIN needs to refresh this Forum's layout, lose the 1000 from the GSX-S 1000 nameplate, and divide the content into 125, 750, 1000 & KATANA content with simpler layout.
There is no need for a 1000 & 1000F or Z area's, their all 1000's; time has marched on.

Rob.
broncsrule21 and oldjackbob like this.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 01:31 AM

Does the windscreen actually help? I'm thinking to upgrade to 750 next spring but I'm still divided between the naked and the faired bike like Ninja 1000 .
How does it drive on the highway?

Thanks
post #9 of 12 Old 10-13-2019, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamoedm View Post
Does the windscreen actually help? I'm thinking to upgrade to 750 next spring but I'm still divided between the naked and the faired bike like Ninja 1000 .

Thanks
Any Naked bike is going to be a limited speed bike - limited to a lower highway speed compared to a faired bike. The speed that I have locally as a 750 rider is limited to 100 kph (60 mph).
With good fitting clothing that doesn't become a windsock, it's OK for an hour, but that's enough for time for me to have a break anyway.
Faired bikes (and I have had many) can be failure as the windshield shape is not suitable to make a still air bubble around the torso and head. Most fairings and screens are for styling.
Unless your helmet is in a race bike position, noise is the problem and perhaps even buffeting.
Your choice of the faired Z1000SX is reported in the tests as a good windshield design, and if you can't demo a 750 on a local highway at your speed limits, the Kawa may be the safer decision.
But remember, the two are very different bikes away from the screen & fairing availablity.

Rob.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-23-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamoedm View Post

Thanks
The windshield helps, significantly. I still get a fair amount of helmet pressure, but less than without, and chest/shoulder buffeting is almost nil. The bike is great for highway riding, especially in California when lane splitting. My only issue is the handlebars; I'm finding myself leaning too hard on my wrists/hands. Tucking my elbows properly helps, but I wonder if different bars (or even clip-ons) would be an improvement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page