Gsxs750 exhaust filter and tune gains - Page 2 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 11-01-2019, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Hey Jake just leave it stock mate. Learn from old dudes who have wasted way to much money on upgrades
Only to sell the bike and lose more money.
I’ve wasted way to much $ on bikes and I’ve had a few lol anyhow just my 2cents worth.
Have fun mate and like I like to say LIVING THE DREAM!
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #12 of 16 Old 11-01-2019, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Hi Jake,
Before you buy again, see if you can refine your needs from a bike and research and weigh up that up for a pass/fail or a maybe.

High HP is needed really for the top end where high speed is the desired outcome where you are trying to pierce through the wall of wind. Bikes that are made with HP in mind will always have a lot of water radiator plus oil cooling radiators.
Hence bikes like the faired GSX-R Family are fitted with motor's typically as high end screamers. Hence the GSX-S storyline of 'retuned' for the road, where the top end HP is supposed to traded in for more lower down torque.
HP and Torque in a motor and like a sliding scale, your either at one place, but you can't be at both ends of the scale at the same time. That's where turbo's and superchargers come to the rescue.

I don't have the need for speed, but the GSX-S1000 has a lot more torque above 3000 RPM than the 750 can ever deliver, and in my old 2016 1000 I never had the need to explore (ride) past 4500.
My 750 is only starting to earn it's oats at 5000 RPM, so that's why a primary reason for me to return to the 1000 after 6 months of ownership of my 2019 750.
To continue on with it, for me, is only to depreciate it further. Your situation may be totally different, and seeing as it's your first bike, I would say stay with the 750 and further develop roadcraft skills that a good handling road bike can do for you before looking at the HP bikes.

Rob.
Thinking about it a gsxr would get my in trouble lol. Also naked bikes are growing on me over the supersport bikes. I dont go over a certain speed on my 750 so i dont really need the high end power either. To me the torque is much more enjoyable. I dont plan on buying again here soon so I have plenty of time to research, practice and get better at riding, and weigh out the pros and cons of bigger bike. I honestly dont think I'll look into an actual sport bike for a while really.

Last edited by JakeThaRipper; 11-01-2019 at 11:46 PM.
post #13 of 16 Old 11-01-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is Jeff View Post
Hey Jake just leave it stock mate. Learn from old dudes who have wasted way to much money on upgrades
Only to sell the bike and lose more money.
I’ve wasted way to much $ on bikes and I’ve had a few lol anyhow just my 2cents worth.
Have fun mate and like I like to say LIVING THE DREAM!
I am looking at keeping it stock now. Few of these comments made me realize it wouldnt be worth the money. I'll prolly personalize it with cosmetic mods. The slipon I have on it now will do just fine in terms of "power adding"/ noise.

post #14 of 16 Old 11-10-2019, 05:11 AM

Hi Jake, I've been in a similar dilemma as you. Returned to bikes after absence of 25 yrs ( my short lived Harley experience doesn't count) and feeling wary of the abundance of horsepower nowadays settled on the 2014 GSX S750 (Bear in mind my last bike was in the 80's, a Suz GS 750. It was a good decision: for 3 yrs I relearned the subtleties of staying alive on two wheels (and joy of just going nuts without too much powerl. When I started thinking about improving on the stock mode I realised that it now makes sense to move to the 1000. It is now nearly two years on my 2018 z model and I haven't regretted it one moment. Plus you have a great forum where you learn from the most dedicated and friendly bunch of people about everything and anything about your bike. I must confess most of the technical stuff is way over my head, but you sound more knowledgeable than me anyway.
post #15 of 16 Old 11-10-2019, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeThaRipper View Post
I am looking at keeping it stock now. Few of these comments made me realize it wouldnt be worth the money. I'll prolly personalize it with cosmetic mods. The slipon I have on it now will do just fine in terms of "power adding"/ noise.
Jake, I think you saw the light, these bikes are powerful enough as they are.

This is extrictly my opinion, and long time ago quit wasting money on "performance mods".

Most "performance" mods are not worth the money spent, specially in this age of computers and sensors. Even if anything is achieved, it is negligible, thus the so called gains are simply 'sychological' not real...and noise is not power as most people think.

The so called performance air filters, pass more air by FILTERING LESS, and the unrestrictive exhaust is mostly the looks, the noise, and the only gain is the weight saved (at the expense of durability), but still on the streets it won't make any dicernible difference.....I personally am interested in enjoying an exiting ride, not 'out-performing' any one....at least am way passed that, thankfully.
LEAVEITSTOCK and oldjackbob like this.
post #16 of 16 Old 11-11-2019, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
I agree. Hone your skills on the stock 750 for a year. There is no replacement for displacement when it comes to torque. No amount of money will transform the 750 into a torque monster. High RPM HP gains are nice but lead to speeding tickets haha. Torque is where the fun is. You will get more experience with shifting gears on the 750. Most country road rides are 6th gear and forget it affairs on the 1000. With the torque the 1000 produces there is not much need to downshift very often. The 750 requires more rider involvement to stay in the torque sweet spot....and that's a good thing for a new rider. Honestly it's more fun I think. I LIKE shifting my bike...rev matching and blipping and feeling like Rossi on every ride.

Some of the most fun I have had on a bike was on a 1986 Honda XL250S dual purpose bike I bought new in my 20's. Not much torque or hp to work with but I flogged the mammary glands off that bike, dirt and street, every chance I could for years and it was a blast!
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page