12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 10-28-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gsxs750 exhaust filter and tune gains

Hey guys I own a 2019 gsxs750 and was actually looking to get some more unf out of my bike. I was looking into doing a full exhaust with decat high flow air filter the airbox mod and a power commander. I was wondering what people were seeing for gains with these mods? Any problems during the process of doing the mods? Any parts recommended for these mods?
post #2 of 16 Old 10-30-2019, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Hi JTR,
Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for your question's. It sucks when you go to the effort of joining and get a deafening silence.
The quick answer to your question is that there are only a very few Members with a 750 on here and I don't recall those mods being stated as done.
I could be wrong, but the silence since your post seems to confirm it. Never know, they may have been distracted with life and still respond later, but your talking to a small audience with 750's here.
I think most were happy with what they got from Suzuki and did the slip on exhaust for more sound, and the usual bling mods and crash protector route.

Rob.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 10-30-2019 at 07:53 PM.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-30-2019, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Hi JTR,
Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for your question's. It sucks when you go to the effort of joining and get a deafening silence.
The quick answer to your question is that there are only a very few Members with a 750 on here and I don't recall those mods being stated as done.
I could be wrong, but the silence since your post seems to confirm it. Never know, they may have been distracted with life and still respond later, but your talking to a small audience with 750's here.
I think most were happy with what they got from Suzuki and did the slip on exhaust for more sound, and the usual bling mods and crash protector route.

Rob.

That's what I sorta figured with it being a 1000 forum. I just took the chance to see if I could get answers. Thanks for the reply. I was only asking cause I'm jumping between either trading mine in at the one year mark after I pay off a bit or make it my own and go all out with it. It's my first bike and I like it enough to keep it but it also leaves me wanting more if you know what I mean lol.

post #4 of 16 Old 10-30-2019, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeThaRipper View Post
That's what I sorta figured with it being a 1000 forum. I just took the chance to see if I could get answers. Thanks for the reply. I was only asking cause I'm jumping between either trading mine in at the one year mark after I pay off a bit or make it my own and go all out with it. It's my first bike and I like it enough to keep it but it also leaves me wanting more if you know what I mean lol.
If I were you, I'd LeaveItStock (as one of our great forum members would say), and see how you feel about it in a year or after you pay it off. You won't get the money back you pay for add-ons, and it's a hassle to remove them and return it to stock when you sell. If after a year you decide to keep it, then go nuts. ...or trade it for what you might covet at that time.

Last edited by mike d; 10-30-2019 at 10:24 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-30-2019, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
In my experience, tweaking any bike for performance or aesthetics enhancements is a costly yet rewarding process.
Personalising a bike has always enriched my future ownership and riding experiences.
That being said I would only spend money on a bike that i was mostly happy with in stock form.

The SV650 is a great bike, but no amount of money can make it the GSX-S750.

The 750 is also a great bike, no amount of money can make it the 1000.

If your'e after more power, hold off and upgrade to the 1000. You won't be sorry.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-31-2019, 03:22 AM

Hi JTR,
Have a read of my post (I posted after your post one here) of my final 6 month/5000 KM life with the 2019 GSX-S750.
I will be returning to the 1000 Naked fold again next week having decided that upgrading my 750 would not materially benefit me at the eventual resale time and I was OK with the dialed in 750 as stock.
The 1000 is worth the added expense as it can do and reward more than just be a basic bike.

Rob.

Link: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...al-review.html
post #7 of 16 Old 10-31-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 270 Post(s)
As a general rule of thumb a pipe, tune and filters will get you roughly about 10% more HP.
If you want more you normally have to go more radical (read as more money) and start thinking about cams, big bore, blue printing, turbo, the sky's the limit (until it goes bang)
For some $1500 bucks is too much for too little (pipe, tune ,filter) and if you added $1500 to the price of the bike could you have just had the 1000 and the horse power anyway. It all depends on what you desire at the end of the day.
Don't get me wrong, it's not always about power and I'm the first one to admit a custom tune will make the bike soo much nicer to ride. Don't let my opinion put you off if that's what you want to do, go for it. Then you can be the one answering the next 750 owner whom poses the same question

Pull my finger
post #8 of 16 Old 10-31-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
As a general rule of thumb a pipe, tune and filters will get you roughly about 10% more HP.
If you want more you normally have to go more radical (read as more money) and start thinking about cams, big bore, blue printing, turbo, the sky's the limit (until it goes bang[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG])
For some $1500 bucks is too much for too little (pipe, tune ,filter) and if you added $1500 to the price of the bike could you have just had the 1000 and the horse power anyway. It all depends on what you desire at the end of the day.
Don't get me wrong, it's not always about power and I'm the first one to admit a custom tune will make the bike soo much nicer to ride. Don't let my opinion put you off if that's what you want to do, go for it. Then you can be the one answering the next 750 owner whom poses the same question[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
These are all good opinions guys. I really appreciate the response. I see now that power adders on something smaller may not be really desirable cause of the power gain. I came from cars and havent had a single car I didnt modify in some way and it's really moved over to bikes now since I've gotten this one lol. I was leaning toward something bigger like the 1000 or go gsxr but I wasnt sure if itd be worth the insurance but it may be just what I decide to do in the long run.
mike d likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 11-01-2019, 09:11 PM

Hi Jake,
Before you buy again, see if you can refine your needs from a bike and research and weigh up that up for a pass/fail or a maybe.

High HP is needed really for the top end where high speed is the desired outcome where you are trying to pierce through the wall of wind. Bikes that are made with HP in mind will always have a lot of water radiator plus oil cooling radiators.
Hence bikes like the faired GSX-R Family are fitted with motor's typically as high end screamers. Hence the GSX-S storyline of 'retuned' for the road, where the top end HP is supposed to traded in for more lower down torque.
HP and Torque in a motor and like a sliding scale, your either at one place, but you can't be at both ends of the scale at the same time. That's where turbo's and superchargers come to the rescue.

I don't have the need for speed, but the GSX-S1000 has a lot more torque above 3000 RPM than the 750 can ever deliver, and in my old 2016 1000 I never had the need to explore (ride) past 4500.
My 750 is only starting to earn it's oats at 5000 RPM, so that's why a primary reason for me to return to the 1000 after 6 months of ownership of my 2019 750.
To continue on with it, for me, is only to depreciate it further. Your situation may be totally different, and seeing as it's your first bike, I would say stay with the 750 and further develop roadcraft skills that a good handling road bike can do for you before looking at the HP bikes.

Rob.
My Name Is Jeff likes this.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-01-2019, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 585 Post(s)
watched a few youtube vids of mechanic changing air filters...the high flow air filters the air box was always dirty inside and the stock filters airbox are clean ....for maybe a few ponys you decide
My Name Is Jeff likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page