GSXS 1000 Forum banner

GSXS750 Mirrors

10K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  lost 
#1 ·
Hi All,

New to the forum and ownership of a Suzuki. I have searched the forum and Google, but can't seem to make sense of what I'm looking for.

Basically the standard mirrors that come with the GSXS I'm finding a bit annoying - I can't always see past my body and stick out/up to high for my liking. I am wondering if people could point me in the right direction of under-bar mirrors (unsure if that's the correct terminlology)? Anyone have them? Are they hard to install?

Any advice would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Bizzy

#3 ·
I've had 2 sets of the CRG Arrow knockoffs. They fail at the mirror ball joint if you rotate them too much, the ball joint loosens/unglues itself off the shaft. Maybe you're supposed to loosen the screws first? But that would make repositioning on the fly a bit of a pain so I don't know. They also vibrate above 7k and they dont have enough glove clearance to fold them inward.

Now I got the Rizoma Reverse Retro knockoffs by Kemimoto which I like a lot better. They don't look as good and cost more ($35 vs $20) but I like everything else about it much better. Ball joint design is different, same visibility as Arrow, tinting to reduce glare, rock solid, and plenty of glove clearance to fold them inward.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I had folding bar ends, they suck. You go right ahead spending your commute folding and unfolding your mirrors. Hey is that a police back there? I dunno my mirrors are tiny, convex and down at my fists. Is that car 3 ft away or 12? I dunno my mirrors are tiny, convex and down at my fists. God help you if your night vision isn't the best and you're, for some reason, out during dark.
They look cool, that's why we want them.

#21 ·
Oops, shouldn't have said folded. What I mean is rotated inward like so:

I find they have more functional visibility than the stock mirrors.

I have used tiny circular lane splitting mirrors in the past as well. I agree about the smaller view, but folding them in before splitting was never an issue for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Plenty of bar end options. I bought $20 arrow crg knock offs from Ebay. Could never get them to work under the bars, my arm/wrist blocked the view but they work well on the outer and view is fine. Those who complain about view are old farts and need their optical prescription checked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.