Does this sound like a reasonable deal? - Page 2 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 05-17-2017, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
I wouldn't fret about the deposit. You were smart enough to walk away and get a good deal on a new bike that has a slipper clutch, 7 more HP and black levers and rearsets.

You did good, even with losing your deposit. Honestly though, the dealer should have given you the money back. He offered you a crappy deal and you busted him on it.

Next time ask questions before you put a deposit down
post #12 of 18 Old 05-17-2017, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I paid 8200 OTD It was like 7500 + all the taxes and fees. Dealer also said he was losing money but it had to go and for me not to tell anyone haha. Who knows
post #13 of 18 Old 08-22-2017, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Newbie looking to buy GSXS1000F

Hi,

Found this forum as looking at buying a GSXS1000F, and was researching any issues these have (found throttle snatchiness and TPS fix). Have seen a 2016 model unregistered for just shy of £8000, do you think this would be a good buy or better to pay more and get a latest model.

Cheers in advance.
Marc.
R1KSU likes this.

post #14 of 18 Old 08-22-2017, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Garage
Unregistered meaning new? I'm not sure what you can get the latest model for, but I wouldn't worry too much about the changes from 2016 to 2017. If the difference is a lot, save yourself some money, if not, what color do you like?

Last edited by mike d; 08-22-2017 at 10:49 AM.
post #15 of 18 Old 08-22-2017, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
The new 2017 models have 5bhp more apparently, 8k, go for it its cheaper than what I paid!!
I have the 2016 F model and have no throttle snatch, great bike, sounds amazing with a decat to

Oh Insurance couldnt find the Touring version, so I just said it was an F and did it that way
mike d likes this.

Yam FS1E
Hon CB100
Hon CB200
Suz X7
Suz GS550E
Suz GSX750
Yam 350YPVS
Hon VFR750
Yam RD350(air)
Kaw GT550
Kaw ZZR600
Yam FZ1S
Suz Burgman 650
Hon VFR1200 DCT (Don Guhl ecu flash)
Suz GSXS1000-F-Touring Killed buy a car
Suz GSXR1000 K7
post #16 of 18 Old 08-23-2017, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yep new unregistered so would be a 67 plate if registered 1st September. I prefer the blue colour scheme tho not sure whether I prefer the new or old scheme best. Had a look for the new model and an ex demo LA8 17 plate is around £9k so a grand saving.
post #17 of 18 Old 08-24-2017, 11:58 PM
mcm

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up try it, if you like it get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcK1200s View Post
Hi,

Found this forum as looking at buying a GSXS1000F, and was researching any issues these have (found throttle snatchiness and TPS fix). Have seen a 2016 model unregistered for just shy of £8000, do you think this would be a good buy or better to pay more and get a latest model.

Cheers in advance.
Marc.
Ye i remember being in your shoes, all the negative reviews by so called experts. They couldn't be further from the truth! I tried it and got it in does 15 minutes at the dealer

Listen to does (yes including my self) that appreciate such a fine bike. The throttle is light, yet its also fuel injected right?
It's easy to stiffen it a bit to your liking (i did it in 5 minutes), i split lanes all day in L.A. (cali), fun in canyons and more. One of the best bikes that i have ever had! (easy to install cases for work & removal)

here are nice reviews for you (let the glass be half full, it's what you make of it) if you know how to ride with good throttle control, you will love this bike!:

PS: Did go to a 190/55/17 (that's what am use to, and it handles even better than the 50)

Last edited by mcm; 08-25-2017 at 12:09 AM.
post #18 of 18 Old 08-25-2017, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcK1200s View Post
Hi,

Cheers in advance.
Marc.
Hi Marc,
Thus 'snatchy' throttle stuff needs to be put into perspective. There are two separate issue's, both lumped into this one term.

The 2014/15 Bikes had a emissions issue where the ECU was overreacting and surging on and off the speed (rider's hand on the grip being steady).
In Feb 2016 build date, the ECU was given a firmware update to stop this overactive feedback loop.

All year's production have an emissions which is termed Fuel Cut where as soon as the Rider backs off the throttle grip pressure, the ECU cut's the fuel to the throttle bodies.
This shows up while in slow steady traffic, and is not at all noticeable if and when you are 'up it for the rent', so to speak.
If the TPS is off just a fraction, this really compounds this second problem as it makes severe engine braking by compression. So set the TPS accurately.

Rob.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page