New 2018 F Model at my dealer. $10,675 OTD (taxes not included) - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 09-15-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New 2018 F Model at my dealer. $10,675 OTD (taxes not included)

A local dealer has a new 2018 F Model at my dealer. $10,675 OTD (taxes not included). Does that sound like a good price? There is also a leftover 2016 (blk/red) for $8850 OTD (taxes not included). I'm leaning towards the 2018 due to the updates and shouldn't have the snatch problem.

By the way, the 2018 is updated for the U.S. model. It now has the same engine update, slipper clutch and cosmetic updates that the overseas models got last year... up about 7-10 horsepower, slipper clutch, black levers and foot controls, tinted windscreen.

Thanks!
post #2 of 16 Old 09-15-2017, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq_Wrench View Post
$10,675 OTD (taxes not included)
That's not an "Out The Door" price.

2016 GSXS1000FAL6
post #3 of 16 Old 09-15-2017, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSENTERNCC1701E View Post
That's not an "Out The Door" price.
That may be true in your state or maybe it's just your opinion. In Oklahoma you pay the taxes when you register and license the bike.

Plus it gets you "out the door" with the bike and all of the dealer's part is done. If you want it registered for street riding, THEN you pay for tax and license. Works out well if you're buying an off-road bike or race bike, doesn't require licensing or registration.

What is the OFFICIAL definition for "out the door" ????

post #4 of 16 Old 09-15-2017, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
That may be true in your state or maybe it's just your opinion. In Oklahoma you pay the taxes when you register and license the bike.

Plus it gets you "out the door" with the bike and all of the dealer's part is done. If you want it registered for street riding, THEN you pay for tax and license. Works out well if you're buying an off-road bike or race bike, doesn't require licensing or registration.

What is the OFFICIAL definition for "out the door" ????
Ah, my apologies. I've only ever encountered the situation where dealer files all the state paperwork, fills out a temp tag, and you get a plate in the mail; never need to go into the state offices till re-registration next year.

By the way, does the dealer collect sales tax? Or is that included in the use tax, registration fees?

2016 GSXS1000FAL6

Last edited by USSENTERNCC1701E; 09-15-2017 at 09:20 PM.
post #5 of 16 Old 09-15-2017, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
A local dealer has a new 2018 F Model at my dealer. $10,675 OTD (taxes not included). Does that sound like a good price? There is also a leftover 2016 (blk/red) for $8850 OTD (taxes not included). I'm leaning towards the 2018 due to the updates and shouldn't have the snatch problem.

By the way, the 2018 is updated for the U.S. model. It now has the same engine update, slipper clutch and cosmetic updates that the overseas models got last year... up about 7-10 horsepower, slipper clutch, black levers and foot controls, tinted windscreen.

Thanks!
Tough call, but I think it depends on how important saving 1800 bucks it to you. If I were pinching pennies to get a fantastic bike, I'd go for the 2016. If money was no issue, I'd get the 2018. If money is kind of an issue, then factor in color, and which one you like the best. It's your money and your choice, but it sounds like you are leaning towards the 2018, I probably would too, but I don't think you can go wrong either way. Go for it!
post #6 of 16 Old 09-15-2017, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSENTERNCC1701E View Post
Ah, my apologies. I've only ever encountered the situation where dealer files all the state paperwork, fills out a temp tag, and you get a plate in the mail; never need to go into the state offices till re-registration next year.

By the way, does the dealer collect sales tax? Or is that included in the use tax, registration fees?
No apology necessary, things are different in different states.

Dealer does not collect taxes on the bike, it is calculated and paid when registering/licensing for a title.
post #7 of 16 Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies. I am going to check out the 2016 in person tomorrow and the dealer will allow test ride. The dealer with the 2018 does not allow test rides. I do like the 2018 updates, but the price difference and the fact I like the black/red 2016 color the best I may be bringing it home with me. I think I may be able to negotiate in some other incentives like some parts and accessories at or near cost if nothing else.

Ride safe,

Dan
mike d likes this.
post #8 of 16 Old 09-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Fer

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
I think the 7-10hp is just a paper amount. My opinion, the 2016 model is underrated in the figures of HP. I think the 2018 model has may 2HP more, but now the rate is true.

--
Best regards from Denmark

Tommy Fer
post #9 of 16 Old 09-16-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have to vent a little bit ...

I was on my way to test ride and probably bring home the 2016... then the dealer called and said I was approved for 7.99% at $8710 or 1.99% at $9710. WTF???? The ONLY price we talked about was $8710 AND the interest shown on Suzuki's website which is 1.99 for 36 months. My credit is top tier so this didn't make sense. Checked Suzuki's website again... same offers for either bike, no rebates or "customer cash" on GSXS's but dealer with the 2016 is saying there is $1000 rebate on 2016 model OR low financing, not both. I'm calling B.S.! Why would I pay $9710 for a 2016 model when the 2018 is only $800 more at the same interest rate? I think the dealer is either trying their tricks or maybe (big maybe) their information just isn't right. I'm calling Suzuki on Monday to get this figured out.

Dan
post #10 of 16 Old 09-16-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer View Post
I think the 7-10hp is just a paper amount. My opinion, the 2016 model is underrated in the figures of HP. I think the 2018 model has may 2HP more, but now the rate is true.
Could be. The claim when they updated the Euro models last year was an increase from 140hp to 150hp. I know a lot of bikes have dyon'ed at over 140 stock for a '16 model but others at around 137-138. I couldn't find any '16 vs '17 dyno comparisons for the Euro models so maybe it is only 2hp or so but I wouldn't think they would claim 10 and only really have 2 or so... I'm thinking maybe 6-9.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page