10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 06-10-2018, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrille79 View Post
Hi i have read alot about this but i dont understand really.

If i want to go with full exhaust system do i need both ?
Or standard only booster plug ?
booster plug recommends keeping the o2
post #12 of 25 Old 06-11-2018, 04:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Go to the boosterplug.com website and email the inventor Jens Lyck and ask him your question; the guy who said that the boosterplug just covers up problems by dumping fuel doesn't know what he is talking about
post #13 of 25 Old 06-11-2018, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryleaves View Post
Go to the boosterplug.com website and email the inventor Jens Lyck and ask him your question; the guy who said that the boosterplug just covers up problems by dumping fuel doesn't know what he is talking about
Sorry but he is correct, a booster plug just tells the ECU that the ambient temperature is 20 degrees colder than it actually is and thus it adds 6% fuel throughout the rev and throttle range, how does this help a bike that is very lean in some areas and rich in others?

Most bikes are too lean at the bottom end for emissions but rich at teh top end so it will make the bike smoother at the bottom end but lose power at the top end.

He also says to leave the 02 connected and at cruise the booster plug will be over-ruled by the closed loop feedback, this may work on some bikes but the Suzuki in-line 4 does not like running at stoichiometric fueling and that is why we get the surging at constant throttle - booster plug will not change this.

Fix it with a specific fix to your bike rather than a "One size fits all sticking plaster" that doesn't actually fix the problem.
rcannon409 and Kassu like this.

post #14 of 25 Old 06-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Thanks Phuket Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
Sorry but he is correct, a booster plug just tells the ECU that the ambient temperature is 20 degrees colder than it actually is and thus it adds 6% fuel throughout the rev and throttle range, how does this help a bike that is very lean in some areas and rich in others?

Most bikes are too lean at the bottom end for emissions but rich at teh top end so it will make the bike smoother at the bottom end but lose power at the top end.

He also says to leave the 02 connected and at cruise the booster plug will be over-ruled by the closed loop feedback, this may work on some bikes but the Suzuki in-line 4 does not like running at stoichiometric fueling and that is why we get the surging at constant throttle - booster plug will not change this.

Fix it with a specific fix to your bike rather than a "One size fits all sticking plaster" that doesn't actually fix the problem.

Thanks Paul, I went to boosterplug and it does say the fuel increase can be, in open loop circuits, an increase of 6% across all rev ranges, but all I can say is that fitting the thing, took my bike from unrideable and downright dangerous to predictable and with no sudden surprises, such as surging through corners if you move the throttle; Jens Lyck, the inventor is very approachable and I urge anyone interested to go to the site and email him. He offers all his research as a multi-page book which can be downloaded for free to the tech savvy among us. I wrote to him because within days of buying the bike new, it jolted in a tight turn at low revs, fell over and broke my leg. My friend who rode it home had it stall 3 times, so I tried to find a solution, when Suzuki would offer none, and found the boosterplug. In gratitude I wrote to Jens and he replied straight away. The real devil in all of this is insisting bikes have the same EU standards as cars; cars don't tip over when they stall.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #15 of 25 Old 06-13-2018, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrille79 View Post
Hi i have read alot about this but i dont understand really.

If i want to go with full exhaust system do i need both ?
Or standard only booster plug ?
Save your money stay with the stock exhaust it will run better anyway, to change to a full exhaust means tuning it and spending time and dollars to get it right. Go to a bike shop and ask a competent mechanic regarding this
post #16 of 25 Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 AM

Garage
Unless you want your bike to.run smoothly with no holes in the torque curve. If you want a lumpy torque curve, snatchy throttle and surging then by all means leave it alone!
post #17 of 25 Old 06-13-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Unless you want your bike to.run smoothly with no holes in the torque curve. If you want a lumpy torque curve, snatchy throttle and surging then by all means leave it alone!
i believe it all on how you ride...i hardly feel any of those problems...yes there, there if you dont adjust gear or rpm ect....can i make it buck surge yes...usually riding in to low of an rpm...a rpm range you shouldent be riding in anyway on slow side roads...couple more hundeds on rpm and im out of that area.......maybe my standards are low... in stock form this is the best most fun bike ive owned.....dont feel snatch thats gone...yes i can make it happen if in dumb enough to close throttle into a turn instead of having the rpm up a tad.......once its second nature or you adapt problems are all gone.............when kawasaki new updated naked or honda or many others say i hear the s has fueling issues......thats when ill say lets take a ride and you tell me....we know theres no power issues.......if one wants silky smooth buy a honda
bking1441 likes this.

Last edited by LEAVEITSTOCK; 06-13-2018 at 01:23 PM.
post #18 of 25 Old 06-13-2018, 09:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
i believe it all on how you ride...i hardly feel any of those problems...yes there, there if you dont adjust gear or rpm ect....can i make it buck surge yes...usually riding in to low of an rpm...a rpm range you shouldent be riding in anyway on slow side roads...couple more hundeds on rpm and im out of that area.......maybe my standards are low... in stock form this is the best most fun bike ive owned.....dont feel snatch thats gone...yes i can make it happen if in dumb enough to close throttle into a turn instead of having the rpm up a tad.......once its second nature or you adapt problems are all gone.............when kawasaki new updated naked or honda or many others say i hear the s has fueling issues......thats when ill say lets take a ride and you tell me....we know theres no power issues.......if one wants silky smooth buy a honda
I love my bike and can't think of one I would change it for (maybe Kawasaki SX SE if it was 60Kg lighter) but you it does seem that 90% of our bikes had a fueling issue, maybe you were one of the lucky ones but don't tell us that we are riding wrong.

The worst issue on my bike was the surging at low throttle at constant speed, and that is not about the way I ride and no way of riding around it because unless as i would already be in the lowest gear, but it was horrible in traffic. The dip in the torque curve is on every single dyno run, and yes you can drive around it but its great not too have to....

Now please stop telling us we are all crap riders and that you are the only one who knows how to ride please!
Mark_B likes this.
post #19 of 25 Old 06-14-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
I love my bike and can't think of one I would change it for (maybe Kawasaki SX SE if it was 60Kg lighter) but you it does seem that 90% of our bikes had a fueling issue, maybe you were one of the lucky ones but don't tell us that we are riding wrong.

The worst issue on my bike was the surging at low throttle at constant speed, and that is not about the way I ride and no way of riding around it because unless as i would already be in the lowest gear, but it was horrible in traffic. The dip in the torque curve is on every single dyno run, and yes you can drive around it but its great not too have to....

Now please stop telling us we are all crap riders and that you are the only one who knows how to ride please!
was not my intent to call people crappy riders.sorry if i did....but i believe the issue is over blown big time,,,theres no way my issues are better then other bikes....most of these issues soften over time milage ...i didnt talk about torque curve because its not a big deal,,,i twist the throttle in any gear at any speed and it pulls like a rocket..its not a concern....maybe the problem is traffic ...i dont ride in traffic,,,,and cant understand someone buying a bike like this to ride in traffic on a daily basis ..its a play time after work or weekend machine where you take off and go..not sit in traffic and go to work......yes if one cant ride around these small issues then its not the bikes fault..if rider cant adjust then its not the bike for them ,,as good a rider that they may be...it might be time to move on to something thats 2 ,,3rd or 4th in its class...people just ride enjoy what you have over time you will be saying what was all the fuss about
bking1441 likes this.
post #20 of 25 Old 06-16-2018, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I bought a PC5 now. I think this will work good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page