LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83 View Post
You didn't expect a perfect fit but you posted that you're shocked the flash isn't perfect. mmmmmmk . Take it to a reputable tuner with a dyno or purchase the woolich harness with log box and tune it yourself until its just right.

I am trying to find where I posted that I was shocked the "flash isn't perfect". Doesn't matter. I knew the flash would not be perfect. I told Danos I did not care about more power just wanted a smoother throttle. I got a smoother throttle. Better pretty much everywhere. No more snatchy throttle. No more fuel cut slamming my balls into the tank. I also expected it to fix any hunting or surging at lite throttle but it did not. Danos says that it could be a dead spot in the TPS. I plan to speak with my local dealer mechanic about that.
post #32 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Garage
I sleep on a stack of 6 mattresses yet I still feel the pea.
post #33 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Hey Tom.G,
I'm arriving to the party late (but hey, I brought BEER!)
Didn't think plugging the PAIR would matter one way or the other. All it does is pump some air into your exhaust to help burn any fuel that gets that far. Don't see how it could/would cause surging, but you do what the 'tuner' says before anything else, so good on ya.

This time, Dano is more likely to be right. TPS goes to c-r-a-p all the time because it is basically a rheostat and where the throttle spends the most time, the wires get rubbed the most at that point, and eventually it can cause issues as they wear thin/break. BUT...I still don't think that's the problem (unless you have 15,000 miles or more on your bike already?)

I would synchronize the throttle bodies (TBS). Seriously. Your bike is running good EXCEPT low speed, steady idle, steady throttle type situations. If the throttle bodies are out of synch, you won't really notice it when riding hard through the twisties and such. But you will notice it at steady throttle settings. If you have the mercury gauges (or whatever the environmentally correct device is now...I have the mercury gauge still) then it is 'free' to check it and set it, vs. spending $85 to $90 for a new TPS. Maybe a friend has the device to synchro your throttle bodies? This would be my 'next step.' It will make the bike run better, no matter what, so even if it doesn't 'fix it' (which I think it might) your bike will be improved.

For what it is worth, I didn't see you expecting perfect either. You just noticed something wasn't right and are trying to sort it out. You don't have to go to a dyno tuner and spend a bunch of money to solve this. The Dano's flash is "good". Something else is going on with your bike. Might be a simple vacuum leak (well, come to think of it, those can be a pain to find/fix, so let's hope the TBS fixes it.)

post #34 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for that info. I will run it by Danos and my local mechanic/dealer. I would think syncing the throttle bodies might be covered under warranty. The bike is 6 months old (2018) with 1500 miles on the odo. And I agree with you that I should not need a dyno tune to correct this type of thing.
post #35 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
If you take it in for warranty work, just be aware that if they find you with a flashed ECU, they may possibly refuse the claim. It all depends on the dealership and the relationship you have with them.
frog4aday likes this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #36 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I understand and agree. I talked to them before I ever sent the ECU off to Danos. They know about it. They also know it was doing this before I had it flashed and now after having it flashed. Hopefully I can get it rectified one way or the other. So right now I am down to two possibilities, #1-dead spot in the TPS, and #2- throttle bodies need sync'ing. Frog doesn't seem to think it is the TPS especially since my bike has 1500 miles on it.

What I may do if they give me a hard time about doing this under warranty, I may tell them to sync the throttle bodies and if it does not fix the issue I will pay for the service, but if it does correct the issue it needs to be charged under warranty. Thanks for the input.
frog4aday likes this.
post #37 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Nothing wrong with checking the TB sync, i went through tps/TB etc on my sv1000. If this were an isolated incident I'd agree but there seems to be plenty suffering steady throttle surging and lumpy idle. That "waste" of money on the dyno is the only guaranteed way of knowing your AFR. If one of you had access to a reputable dyno tuner at least you would know, it's a process of elimination. I've read great things about Danos but tuning is science and trusting that the tune is not the issue isn't very scientific. I do hope you get it sorted.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #38 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Do the Throttle Body Sync; as the owner's manual call for it at 7500 miles anyway. A good dealer will take care of it for you; as they should have checked it when they prepped it for delivery.

Remember: The bikes are mass assembled; not individually built.
post #39 of 40 Old 07-18-2019, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
tom.g I have sync gauges. Not hard to do.

post #40 of 40 Old 07-19-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twag4 View Post
tom.g I have sync gauges. Not hard to do.

If Beasley recommends sync'ing the TB's but they want to charge me I might get with you to help me sync them. Thanks
twag4 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page