4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugojose View Post
You can do or undo anything, change it back to stock at will, save Dano's tune and dowload it at will, or modify it. You save all these different tunes, including stock, as different programs or apps if you will, and download any anytime into the ECU. When this happens, previous program is erased and rewritten with new...in the ECU.

The purchase gives you also the right to download from Woolich what others have done and willingly posted at their site, including Phuket Paul's and see what they have done, or copy it..all or part of it. The software shows changes from stock on the maps by using shades of pink (-) or blue (+) or percentage. Of course, this does not mean what works for others would work for you, specially when your climate, riding habits, other mods like custom exhaust, and even desire for changes are very different......and above all, off course, understand the basic of internal combustion engines and the modern sensors function, and what is it you want.

…...there is a learning process from Woolich abundant videos, and this is only to understand and navigate the software....then you have to decide how to use it. .
Yes, I noticed Paul's tune is optimized for 95 oct. and the best I can get around here is 91 Non-Ethanol, so there's that

It would be interesting to see how his tune differs from Dano's...

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #12 of 19 Old 07-31-2019, 02:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
Yes, I noticed Paul's tune is optimized for 95 oct. and the best I can get around here is 91 Non-Ethanol, so there's that

It's the same fuel 'strength', with the expression of (RON, MON) given in numbers, resulting with a different number. Like 1 foot = 300 mm of distance.
Your 91 is my (and his) 95. Your 87 is my 91.

Rob.
post #13 of 19 Old 07-31-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't you be NORTH of the border?
But SOUTH of the US State of Alaska though.

Rob.

post #14 of 19 Old 07-31-2019, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes, but Dano is not posting his files publicly because there would go his business......and they have good reasons. They have done the research and invest in instruments and facilities...….

…….Paul has customized his bike to the extreme.....seemingly, money no object,. while Dano's is for the average riders, mostly about eliminating restrictions imposed by regulations on manufacturers of motor vehicle (with good reasons as the Ozone layer is now gone)

Last edited by hugojose; 07-31-2019 at 04:22 AM.
post #15 of 19 Old 07-31-2019, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
I could be wrong, but I don't think Paul messed with the engine's internals, so our bikes are pretty much the same power wise. SET valve removed, Pair valve removed with block off plates, 02 delete, air box mod., full exhaust with longer secondaries and large diameter piping. I would think his tune would be pretty close to Dano's with some minor changes for alt & humidity. I just wonder how he dealt with the idle surging, if in fact he solved it.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #16 of 19 Old 08-19-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hi all,

I received my kit 3 weeks ago. First of all Woolich USA have a great customer support and will ship to Canada the right way. By this I mean they ship fast, with a shipper that will not charge excessive import fees (no need to name it unless you want to break my arm). The will also take the extra mile as to write a «*proper*» description for customs. I installed the harness last week and was able to do my first mod this week. I only changed the fuel cut and speed limit check box and saved to ECU. The fuel cut is responsible for at least 70% of the jerkiness of the bike while idleling at 2500-3000 rpm. The bike is now very smooth. I will play with the mapping but this is not the priority right now.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

../Bruno

GSX-S1000F 2018 (my ride now)
F800GT 2015 (sold)
CB500X 2013 (sold)
post #17 of 19 Old 08-19-2019, 07:55 PM

Thanks Bruno,
I always thought it should be possible to only to uncheck decel fuel cut only and save that to the ECU, and keep the standard rest as is. I've never got a clear answer on this here.

Rob.
post #18 of 19 Old 08-24-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I am probably the first to be crazy enough to buy a kit only to uncheck the fuel cut

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Slower and Slower and mike d like this.

../Bruno

GSX-S1000F 2018 (my ride now)
F800GT 2015 (sold)
CB500X 2013 (sold)
post #19 of 19 Old 08-24-2019, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hi all,

I received my kit 3 weeks ago. First of all Woolich USA have a great customer support and will ship to Canada the right way...
**** right they do. I wish everywhere shipped like that, it'd have saved me over $1k in shipping costs with things I've shipped over the years....

I haven't gotten to installing mine yet, as I'm waiting on the pair block off set, which are taking for **** ever, in the pricey-not-cool-like-Woolich way... Should have just fabricated my own set at this rate!
bgagnon likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page