post #1 of 19 Old 07-29-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Woolich racing kit on order

Hi all,

Since Dano would not do North of the border tuning I took the plunge and ordered a starter kit. I mainly want to disable fuel cut but I will play with the differents maping. I will let you know how it goes.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
mike d likes this.

../Bruno

GSX-S1000F 2018 (my ride now)
F800GT 2015 (sold)
CB500X 2013 (sold)

Last edited by bgagnon; 07-30-2019 at 10:06 AM.
post #2 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hi all,

Since Dano would not do South of the border tuning I took the plunge and ordered a starter kit. I mainly want to disable fuel cut but I will play with the differents maping. I will let you know how it goes.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Very cool. Did you buy the kit with the log box? I was tempted to purchase but I am lucky enough to have access to a world class tuner.

There are a number of mapshare files that should get you close, with added fuel, no cut on decel etc.

Exciting stuff! !

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #3 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Wouldn't you be NORTH of the border?

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3

post #4 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hahaha ... Reagenn... you're right... I think I shouldl not post past 11 pm anymore...

../Bruno

F800GT 2015 (sold)
CB500X 2013 (sold)
post #5 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83 View Post
Very cool. Did you buy the kit with the log box? I was tempted to purchase but I am lucky enough to have access to a world class tuner.

There are a number of mapshare files that should get you close, with added fuel, no cut on decel etc.

Exciting stuff! !
I just bought the "USB D v3 Package" since what I was really looking for was the Fuel cut disabling.

../Bruno

F800GT 2015 (sold)
CB500X 2013 (sold)
post #6 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 11:20 AM

Just giving you a hard time.

Let us know how it works out for you. I wish I knew enough and was brave enough to do my own fueling. Maybe you can inspire us all!

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #7 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have the starter Woolich software. Phuket Paul has written a lot about in his webpage....and totally agree with what he said. If you want only to make one change, and not bother with the learning process, it is not worth it, just send it to Dano. He has the advantage of having feedback instruments like wide band O2 readings for mixture, dyno runs for power, and probably test bikes to settle on one basic mapping. The limiters are choices. Once all of this is agreed upon. Flashing(Writing, Dowloading) to the ECU takes about 5 minutes. Of course, from Dano's you have no clue what was changed, other than the basic limiters which are your choices, and are simply check marks in the software.....no brainers really.

What the software provides is the capability we had in the past for tinkering. Meaning; you can change fueling (injector time in milliseconds), mixture, limiters, timing and so on. Just what we used to do in the past with carburators (needles, jets, washers) and timing rotors, only now is all digital and programmed in a dedicated computer(or controller); the ECU.

Now, with the starter kit, you do not have the feedback instruments(other than your own narrow band O2 sensor) It is all common sense, and seat of the pants. The kit comes with a harness you have to install(insert) onto the ECU connector and route it to the back. Once this is done, for making changes all you have to do is do them off line, remove the passenger seat, bring your laptop to connector, and it takes about 5 min to write them(flash) to the ECU..then go riding see if it makes any difference.

Last edited by hugojose; 07-30-2019 at 08:50 PM.
post #8 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 08:37 PM

Are there high and low limits to keep one from damaging their engines? Also, will it allow you to start with your current tune (in my case, Dano's) and work from there, or does it take you back to stock?

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #9 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugojose View Post
I have the starter Woolich software. Phuket Paul has written a lot about in his webpage....and totally agree with what he said. If you want only to make one change, and not bother with the learning process, it is not worth it, just send it to Dano. He has the advantage of having feedback instruments like wide band O2 readings for mixture, dyno runs for power, and probably test bikes to settle on one basic mapping. The limiters are choices. Once all of this is agreed upon. Flashing(Writing, Dowloading) to the ECU takes about 5 minutes. Of course, from Dano's you have no clue what was changed, other than the basic limiters which are your choices, and are simply check marks in the software.....no brainers really.

What the software provides is the capability we had in the past for tinkering. Meaning; you can change fueling (injector time in milliseconds), mixture, limiters, timing and so on. Just what we used to do in the past with carburators (needles, jets, washers) and timing rotors, only now is all digital and programmed in a dedicated computer(or controller); the ECU.

Now, with the starter kit, you do not have the feedback instruments(other than your own narrow band O2 sensor) It is all common sense, and seat of the pants. The kit comes with a harness you have to install(insert) onto the ECU connector and route it to the back. Once this is done, for making changes all you have to do is do them off line, remove the passenger seat, bring your laptop to connector, and it takes about 5 min to write them(flash) to the ECU..then go riding see if it makes any difference.
If i were to take that route i would purchase the 02 sensor and log box. Without access to a dyno you are playing guessing games and wasting your time. That's how Paul achieved his result and it took quite some time, riding and reviewing the log box data and adjusting where necessary.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #10 of 19 Old 07-30-2019, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagenn View Post
Are there high and low limits to keep one from damaging their engines? Also, will it allow you to start with your current tune (in my case, Dano's) and work from there, or does it take you back to stock?
You can do or undo anything, change it back to stock at will, save Dano's tune and dowload it at will, or modify it. You save all these different tunes, including stock, as different programs or apps if you will, and download any anytime into the ECU. When this happens, previous program is erased and rewritten with new...in the ECU.

The purchase gives you also the right to download from Woolich what others have done and willingly posted at their site, including Phuket Paul's and see what they have done, or copy it..all or part of it. The software shows changes from stock on the maps by using shades of pink (-) or blue (+) or percentage. Of course, this does not mean what works for others would work for you, specially when your climate, riding habits, other mods like custom exhaust, and even desire for changes are very different......and above all, off course, understand the basic of internal combustion engines and the modern sensors function, and what is it you want.

…...there is a learning process from Woolich abundant videos, and this is only to understand and navigate the software....then you have to decide how to use it. .

Last edited by hugojose; 07-30-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page