LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 11-26-2017, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Booster Plug

Selling Booster Plug only done 1000 miles had a ECU flash so surplus to requirements, paid £120 asking for £75

post #2 of 17 Old 11-30-2017, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Hi there can you tell me how it works?
What results did you get using this?
Thanks
Jeff
post #3 of 17 Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 PM

Can you ship to Australia?
Cost?
Thanks
Jeff

post #4 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Jeffro, why would you want a Booster plug - you are the one who says there is nothing wrong with the throttle!!
post #5 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 04:26 AM

Yeh that's right as far as the snatchiness goes that everyone complains about! Pure throttle control of the wrist!
However, I am trying to sort out the "constant throttle" hunting and hesitation at low revs. Very different to the throttle problem everyone talks about!.
What do they say about people that assume?
Jeffro

Last edited by Jeffro; 12-01-2017 at 04:30 AM.
post #6 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
booster is off under constant throttle unless o2 is added
post #7 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAVEITSTOCK View Post
booster is off under constant throttle unless o2 is added
I'm not sure what you mean by "02 is added" - talking about nitrous??

The hunting is caused by 2 things, depending upon how much throttle you have open
  • 02 Closed Loop
  • Switching maps

02 closed loop is used at very small throttle openings and the o2 sensor keeps adjusting the mixture to keep it very lean and clean, thus a booster plug will have no effect as it will be over ridden by the ECU, unless you also use a O2 sensor eliminator with the booster plug or reflash the ECU (but then the booster plug is pointless)

At about 10% throttle the ECU swaps between Pressure and Throttle position maps, if they are not exactly aligned at that point you will get the hunting feeling as it swaps back and forth between the maps - the booster plug may help this by making both of them richer and thus there is less difference.

At high throttle openings/high RPM the standard bike is too rich so it will just get richer still with the booster plug, losing power and using more fuel
post #8 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Booster plug worked for me on the hunting etc. Its smoother off the fuel cut too - but it does not solve that one completely. £75 is a bargain if you, like me, had all the 'non-existent fueling issues'. Takes no time to fit. Does not feel rich on the throttle but who knows, maybe it does rob a bit of horsepower at the top - but I have not noticed. It made a heap of a difference in enjoying the ride and a long way short of cost vs.a reflash and remap.
post #9 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_B View Post
Booster plug worked for me on the hunting etc. Its smoother off the fuel cut too - but it does not solve that one completely. £75 is a bargain if you, like me, had all the 'non-existent fueling issues'. Takes no time to fit. Does not feel rich on the throttle but who knows, maybe it does rob a bit of horsepower at the top - but I have not noticed. It made a heap of a difference in enjoying the ride and a long way short of cost vs.a reflash and remap.
Thanks for the info Mark much appreciated
Jeffro
post #10 of 17 Old 12-01-2017, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "02 is added" - talking about nitrous??

The hunting is caused by 2 things, depending upon how much throttle you have open
  • 02 Closed Loop
  • Switching maps

02 closed loop is used at very small throttle openings and the o2 sensor keeps adjusting the mixture to keep it very lean and clean, thus a booster plug will have no effect as it will be over ridden by the ECU, unless you also use a O2 sensor eliminator with the booster plug or reflash the ECU (but then the booster plug is pointless)

At about 10% throttle the ECU swaps between Pressure and Throttle position maps, if they are not exactly aligned at that point you will get the hunting feeling as it swaps back and forth between the maps - the booster plug may help this by making both of them richer and thus there is less difference.

At high throttle openings/high RPM the standard bike is too rich so it will just get richer still with the booster plug, losing power and using more fuel
im sure what your saying is what i read in booster plug website ....How it works long version....i believe i read the booster with o2 sensor does not add gas at constant throttle,,it keeps the stock lean setting for better gas mileage ...once throttle is moved the extra fuel is added........with o2 eliminator and booster extra fuel is added even at constant throttle...................now with no booster and just o2 eliminator at constant throttle it doesnt run of the lean gas saving stock map..it runs of the stock richer map as if you where opening the throttle.....maybe not worded correctly but am i in the ball park with my understand......thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page