GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Custom Exhaust System for Sale

72K views 383 replies 37 participants last post by  lost 
#1 ·
I've been asked to build 2 exhaust systems similar to mine for members of this forum, so I decided to build 3 and sell the third one.

Full custom stainless headers 39mm primaries, 50mm secondaries and 63mm final pipe, The larger bore allows more flow at the top end for more power.

The primaries are slightly longer than stock and the secondaries are much longer, filling in the torque dip around 5000rpm. These headers give awesome power with a really smooth curve.

With the tail pipe that I use, the system is substantially longer than stock, making the bottom end smoother and more torque and makes an awesome sound.

Weight of the entire system is 5.1Kg (11.2 lbs) compared to 10.3Kg (22.75lbs) for the stock system

Headers

3.9Kg stainless steel 475USD

Tail Pipe

63mm Bore, 1.3KG Titanium 475USD

Link Pipe

Alternatively, these headers can be used with the stock end can, a link pipe to connect the headers to stock end can is 75USD

Comes with brackets, springs 12 and 18mm 02 bungs

All plus shipping at cost (approx 100USD to the USA for full system)

See less See more
#18 · (Edited)
Updates

They are well on the way....first one almost finished, the others getting there

Jig for building one pair of the downpipes

One left and 3 right side downpipes

Updated video of the sound they make - the cell phone microphone does not do justice to the great sound

#19 ·
Looks really good!

I also saw the video on your website of the guy bending/welding your pipes!

Will be very cool if you can keep posting photos of the build process, as this truly is an unprecedented offer on any motorcycle Forum!

And Paul, is there any way you can autograph my set when it's done?

#24 ·
Update

Update, some of those who have bought systems requested updates on here.

First 3 systems with link pipes almost finished, just the bracket on the link pipe to be attached to the same mounting point as the stock underfloor silencer to be attached to the link pipe and then some internal polishing at the ends

Headers with link pipe for stock can

Headers with link pipe and stock can (very old tatty can)

Headers with Titanium End pipe and can (ignore the hole for the 02 bung, now moved to the headers)

Link pipe for stock can (no bracket fixed yet)

#30 ·
Update, some of those who have bought systems requested updates on here.

First 3 systems with link pipes almost finished, just the bracket on the link pipe to be attached to the same mounting point as the stock underfloor silencer to be attached to the link pipe and then some internal polishing at the ends

Headers with link pipe for stock can

Headers with link pipe and stock can (very old tatty can)

Headers with Titanium End pipe and can (ignore the hole for the 02 bung, now moved to the headers)

Link pipe for stock can (no bracket fixed yet)

I can hardly wait!!! >:D

#39 ·
Compared to the Arrow Headers these have a few differences,

1. and most importantly these have much longer secondary pipes to remove the dip in torque from around 5000 to 7000 RPM
  2. The stock system has a 45mm pipe, Arrow, 51mm - Standard thinking says this restricts maximum power to about 145BHP
  3. Arrow headers are significantly more expensive

Having said that Rapido1 has bought a set of these headers and will be selling his Arrow Headers...
So if I have read the add right it’s 950 dollars plus shipping for the full system (headers and end can) is that right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.