wanted R1 rear shock adapter - Page 2 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 Old 06-20-2019, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
If you could get something to work here in the UK and get it manufactured lots would be interested.
Graham likes this.

Suzuki GSXS 1000 FA
post #12 of 32 Old 07-01-2019, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Going back to the drawing board, what is the exact issue with fitting the R1 shock in the bike? I looked at Paul's info, he cut down the rod end that comes out of the bottom of the shock to make it shorter, stock GSX-S1000 length, and the adapter seems to just adds some length back.

Last edited by Dmac2187; 07-01-2019 at 04:17 PM.
post #13 of 32 Old 07-02-2019, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Beeza62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac2187 View Post
Going back to the drawing board, what is the exact issue with fitting the R1 shock in the bike? I looked at Paul's info, he cut down the rod end that comes out of the bottom of the shock to make it shorter, stock GSX-S1000 length, and the adapter seems to just adds some length back.
Itís actually quite simple, with a couple of plates and spacers I have fitted the r1 shock to my bike, have had no problems with clearance, you donít have to cut anything the bottom only requires two spacer washers either side and fits perfectly, it just raises the rear about ten mm
Packmule likes this.

post #14 of 32 Old 07-02-2019, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
I wish somebody would cnc these parts and make them available as a kit. My only concern would be to make sure they would withstand the force exerted on them.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #15 of 32 Old 07-11-2019, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I love when people say it's very easy to fit just a couple of washers haha ..they forget to say you you need an adapter or if you do it without the adaptor you need to cut your battery tray and get a smaller battery , I wish someone would come fit mine for me I'm sick of it . It's not as simple as what everyone says trust me .
post #16 of 32 Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanfz View Post
I love when people say it's very easy to fit just a couple of washers haha ..they forget to say you you need an adapter or if you do it without the adaptor you need to cut your battery tray and get a smaller battery , I wish someone would come fit mine for me I'm sick of it . It's not as simple as what everyone says trust me .
I never said it was easy, because you actually have to fab a couple plates up and you can use washers as spacers. No need to cut anything on the bike either. Not easy but surely isnít difficult either.

Slow is fast
post #17 of 32 Old 07-11-2019, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
For those who are not mechanically inclined or can't be bothered (me), realize that the r1 shock is not made for our bike. The adapter was a hoax. Sell it on and look for something that will bolt in. Plenty of options out there ktech, nitron, wilbers etc
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #18 of 32 Old 07-12-2019, 01:46 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Packmule i wasn't referring to you mate , and having to fabricate and measure and work out angles is not an easy thing to do ..it's like me saying to build a wall is easy you just mix cement get some bricks and stick them together it's not that hard quite easy actually hahaha ... everyone to there own my friend 👍. Plus the adaptor does work a guy here in England has been running it for over a month now with no problems and he's tested it over some rough stuff .. shame the guy who made it won't make anymore .there was another guy Colin who has made one too and he has uploaded the cad design to a site ..https://youtu.be/Mex_R5-gWKo . for anyone that is interested this is a link to the video of him talking about it and the link to getting one made is here to .. I still think it's a good idea but hey what do i know I'm just a bricklayer 🤣 ....

Last edited by Dylanfz; 07-12-2019 at 01:57 AM.
post #19 of 32 Old 07-12-2019, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
I know you wasn’t talking to me. For people who can use a grinder, tape measure and drill, turn in your man card. For people that are too lazy, that’s what is wrong with the people in this world. If you can afford an aftermarket shock, that’s the way to go no doubt. If I could afford to drop 10% of the cost of the bike new on a rear shock, I would have personally bought a different bike. Poor man poor choices, I guess. lol

Slow is fast
post #20 of 32 Old 07-13-2019, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanfz View Post
Packmule i wasn't referring to you mate , and having to fabricate and measure and work out angles is not an easy thing to do ..it's like me saying to build a wall is easy you just mix cement get some bricks and stick them together it's not that hard quite easy actually hahaha ... everyone to there own my friend 👍. Plus the adaptor does work a guy here in England has been running it for over a month now with no problems and he's tested it over some rough stuff .. shame the guy who made it won't make anymore .there was another guy Colin who has made one too and he has uploaded the cad design to a site ..https://youtu.be/Mex_R5-gWKo . for anyone that is interested this is a link to the video of him talking about it and the link to getting one made is here to .. I still think it's a good idea but hey what do i know I'm just a bricklayer 🤣 ....
Iím just a bricklayer to, 53 years, bricklaying is easy, and so is fitting the r1 shock, you donít have to be a qualified mechanical engineer, the hardest part is pulling all the **** of to get to it, an angle grinder to cut the plates and a bit of common sense and an interest in what you are doing is all you need,half the people on here shouldnít be riding bikes, they should be at home with their mommies!
Packmule likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page