Selling Pauls Headers Titanium Tail Pipe 50mm - Page 2 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 07-10-2019, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Gosh Dammit! I thought I finally found the end to my quest for my final Slip-on!

The OP contacted me a week ago wanting to buy my latest release Akrapovic titanium Slip-on.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...ovic-slip.html

So we got to talking back and forth by email, but after he checked, import taxes in India are too prohibitive, so he backed out of buying my Akra (it's still for sale).

Apparently Paul's tail pipe is too loud for his local Cop's liking. I being the only other person on planet earth with Paul's headers, will now be the new owner of OP's tail pipe, to match up with the headers. I'm not at all a fan of the severe bluing coloration, but I do anticipate an increase in power as the link pipe I currently have from Paul reduces from 62mm to 50mm. This tail pipe flows the same 62mm all the way back, so should work well, as Paul intended with his full system. They should be together, right?

Thank you CTR for your effort to make this agreement and get the pipe shipped from India to California. He is setting up a PayPal account so I can send payment. I'll report back once received and installed with my impressions of Paul's complete full system vs. his headers with my current 50mm "SC Project" muffler - my "final slip-on"!
post #12 of 29 Old 07-10-2019, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
Gosh Dammit! I thought I finally found the end to my quest for my final Slip-on!

The OP contacted me a week ago wanting to buy my latest release Akrapovic titanium Slip-on.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...ovic-slip.html

So we got to talking back and forth by email, but after he checked, import taxes in India are too prohibitive, so he backed out of buying my Akra (it's still for sale).

Apparently Paul's tail pipe is too loud for his local Cop's liking. I being the only other person on planet earth with Paul's headers, will now be the new owner of OP's tail pipe, to match up with the headers. I'm not at all a fan of the severe bluing coloration, but I do anticipate an increase in power as the link pipe I currently have from Paul reduces from 62mm to 50mm. This tail pipe flows the same 62mm all the way back, so should work well, as Paul intended with his full system. They should be together, right?

Thank you CTR for your effort to make this agreement and get the pipe shipped from India to California. He is setting up a PayPal account so I can send payment. I'll report back once received and installed with my impressions of Paul's complete full system vs. his headers with my current 50mm "SC Project" muffler - my "final slip-on"!
I'm happy for you Rapido, but I must admit, reading this post just peesses me off again about Paul completely ripping me off. I don't want to spoil your new aquisition, but man.... what a freakin POS Paul is.
post #13 of 29 Old 07-10-2019, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
hi , yes upping the tailpipe size from 50mm to 62mm will allow more topend power, when he said he was upping to that size i mentioned that it may slightly reduce the low - mid torque, but he said he didnt notice that, the full race header im using at present has a 58mm tailpipe and it definetly isnt limiting topend power

post #14 of 29 Old 07-11-2019, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks Rapido for your order, the cops here are notorious for after market exhausts, its not too loud but once you open up this thing screams and that gets me into trouble, another friend of mine got his bike seized, and had to pay fine and fit stock so the bike could be released from them, too much hazzle to deal with for performance where 90% of time even dont cross 8000rpm due to the bad roads here.

Anyways Rapido, you are certainly going to be happy, once you receive it. the pipe delivers for sure
post #15 of 29 Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlU View Post
Thanks Rapido for your order, the cops here are notorious for after market exhausts, its not too loud but once you open up this thing screams and that gets me into trouble, another friend of mine got his bike seized, and had to pay fine and fit stock so the bike could be released from them, too much hazzle to deal with for performance where 90% of time even dont cross 8000rpm due to the bad roads here.

Anyways Rapido, you are certainly going to be happy, once you receive it. the pipe delivers for sure
I feel for you CTR, as loud pipes are fun and save lives! You should move to Mexico! At least I will be able to use the pipe as intended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cop.jpg (140.1 KB, 16 views)
CtrlU likes this.
post #16 of 29 Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Watching this deal with interest. Let's hope everything is done with integrity, unlike some of the other overseas transactions involving exhaust systems.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #17 of 29 Old 07-12-2019, 09:54 AM

I know Reag, what Paul did was such a let down to the trust and faith we put in our fellow Forum members. I am putting my trust once again in the Seller here, I hope he is an honest person. He seems to be so far, communicating regularly with me by email. That is why I asked him to open a Paypal account, as will protect us both if there is a problem. Only time will tell.
oldjackbob likes this.
post #18 of 29 Old 07-19-2019, 08:27 PM

Well, after waiting several days for the OP to set up a PayPal account, my deal with India isn't going to happen. Just received this email, quite a let down but what a story:

"You wouldn't believe what happened to me in the past 2 days, I am extremely sorry to say that i will not be able to ship you the exhaust jeff, its been confiscated by the cops here and am charged a hefty fine for the same.
2 days back my friend who is also a rider and filmmaker requested me to make a flyby, so he would shoot and record the sound coming from pauls tail pipe. unfortunately i decided to fit the exhaust again for one last ride before i sent it off to you this Saturday.

So We went to a closed highways which was still work in progress, so no traffic there. i did some trial runs two three times to get the perfect flyby and shifts, what i didnt pay attention to was there were houses with lots of people residing besides the closed highway, It seems a group of people residing there got irritated with the sound and informed the cops that we were street racing on the closed roads, and we never knew about what was coming to us.

a little later we saw cops coming with 2 cruiser jeeps towards u very fast, we knew we got tipped, i decided to make a run, and escaped from the scene, but unfortunately my friend couldn't escape on his bike as he had all his gear camera tripod etc laying on the road, he gathered whatever he could to flee but it was too late, the cops ran out of the jeep and caught him, I reached home which was 50km away and tried calling him, many times but he did not pick up the phone, then i finally got a call from him saying that he is inside the police station and they have charged a case of dangerous driving causing harm to public against him, the police said he could only be released if i presented before them with my bike, that was the moment i knew that i cannot run anymore, to make matters worse he got scared of the cops and told the details of who i was. I had no other option but to surrender before the cops to get him released from jail. i went there with my bike, and immediately they confiscated my entire bike and charged cases against it such as rash driving in public roads, street racing, sound pollution, pollution caused due to illegal exhaust modification, and not being road worthy. unfortunately there were even eye witnesses inside the police station which helped the police charge a case against us.

i called my lawyer and after a lot of talk with the police they finally decided to lessen the charges against me and my friend by reducing the fine to a 800$ and the tail pipe seized by them. the bike however will only be released if its back to stock.

The pipe is gone from my hands for ever jeff, i am in complete shock of what happened. what a bad turn of events for me. sucks to live in this country. Huge loss for me.
I apologize for not being able to send you the exhaust. i am out of words".
post #19 of 29 Old 07-19-2019, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Those headers have some bad juju associated with them!! Stay safe Rapido, looks like you are the last person who has them on the bike that we know of.
post #20 of 29 Old 07-19-2019, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Oh my word. That's a story and a half!
Sorry it didn't work out for you Rapido, maybe it's for the best.
Maybe the Indian authorities will sell it on ebay to an out of country buyer! Wouldn't that be a crock.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page