19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog4aday View Post
Hey Slower, congrats on getting your DL sold! That is a great feeling. Money in the bank and one less bike to be watching over. I still think you should sell the 750, get a naked GSX-S1000, put a tall 'fly-screen' on it, a Wilbers shock and call it good. POWER is fun. Live the dream! (PS - definitely not dogging the 750...please don't take it that way. The 750s are lighter and lighter can be 'righter' )
I saw a '19 GSXS 1000 Naked for $6k on Craigslist a while back. There's certainly some room to throw on some upgrades for that price.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #12 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Wow. A 2019 for $6K is a steal. Yep, plenty of room in the budget for upgrades with a price like that.
post #13 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
<SNIPPED STUFF>It's got till 1st October ( 4 weeks away) on it's current road taxes before I have to renew that, so that coming timestamp may trigger a change now decision.
The latest Honda CBR500R in all White trim really fit's me as a dead slow sports bike junkie, but in conjunction with what? <SNIPPED STUFF> The Scrambler 1100 Sport is expensive (Ohlins both ends), and could be too perfect for me. I don't want perfect 'transport'. <SNIPPED STUFF> If something happen's in 4 weeks, I'll post back, but I think the 750 will go the normal 1 year tenure anyway but could have a non GSX-S1000 Mate.<SNIPPED STUFF> Rob.
It is funny how often a bike reaches the end of it's current registration and starts getting looked at as 'trade-in' material. Been there, done that. It's hard because there is always something else out there to tempt us and every bike is a compromise in some area or another. Want lighter? More power? More sporty? More bodywork? Less bodywork? Standard riding position? Better brakes? Better luggage options? It could drive a guy crazy trying to pick "the" bike when they all have pros and cons. It sounds like your 750 is striking a good balance for you at the moment. I think I sometimes lose sight of how powerful and fun a 750 really is. We are so jaded by literbikes at times. Keep us posted if you make a move to something else.

post #14 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Wow. A 2019 for $6K is a steal. Yep, plenty of room in the budget for upgrades with a price like that.
I actually talked to the guy today, it's still for sale but, while it's listed as a '19, it's actually an '18 with about 10k miles. Still not a bad deal.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #15 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
It is funny how often a bike reaches the end of it's current registration and starts getting looked at as 'trade-in' material. Been there, done that. It's hard because there is always something else out there to tempt us and every bike is a compromise in some area or another. Want lighter? More power? More sporty? More bodywork? Less bodywork? Standard riding position? Better brakes? Better luggage options? It could drive a guy crazy trying to pick "the" bike when they all have pros and cons. It sounds like your 750 is striking a good balance for you at the moment. I think I sometimes lose sight of how powerful and fun a 750 really is. We are so jaded by literbikes at times. Keep us posted if you make a move to something else.
And sometimes, as I found myself thinking the other day while riding the GSX-S, you just think "This bike is amazing, I'm NEVER getting rid of it!"

Of course, the simple expensive answer to the temptations is to get a bigger garage and have choices when you go to ride. Multiple bikes are the way to go. You need to either accept that you won't have the latest and greatest bikes, or you will spend a ton of money. But shopping the used market can make it possible.
frog4aday likes this.

My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F
post #16 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 12:31 PM

I have looked at a myriad of bikes, but when it comes down to dependability, level of excitement while riding, service center at hand, nothing compares to the GSXS for me. Maybe an MT10. When I sell this one, it will probably be to get a newer model.
mike d likes this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #17 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen View Post
And sometimes, as I found myself thinking the other day while riding the GSX-S, you just think "This bike is amazing, I'm NEVER getting rid of it!"

Of course, the simple expensive answer to the temptations is to get a bigger garage and have choices when you go to ride. Multiple bikes are the way to go. You need to either accept that you won't have the latest and greatest bikes, or you will spend a ton of money. But shopping the used market can make it possible.
I'll bet Jay Leno has that problem too (not).

Rob.
post #18 of 21 Old 08-27-2019, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
I'll bet Jay Leno has that problem too (not).

Rob.

Sometimes I think the only thing that keeps me financially responsible is the size of my bike shed. - only room for two bikes.
... but I only have one now.
Slower and Slower likes this.
post #19 of 21 Old 08-29-2019, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just reiterating what has been said before maybe, but I have never sold a bike because they were "bad". It is, without fail, rather because of the deadly, inescapable itch. The GSX S was a particularly nasty itch and I dumped a relatively new and perfectly fine naked 750 plus a well loved ol Harley to purhase a new z-model last year. I am weak, a little ashamed of my betrayal of those two loyal friends... but still quite happy with the new girl&#x1f60d;
mike d and oldjackbob like this.
post #20 of 21 Old 08-29-2019, 01:57 PM

Yes, the new girl is 'hot' and will give you all the others did and more. You made the right choice. Those other two bikes were mere 'place-holders' until you could get on this hottie, the GSX-S1000Z!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page