LinkBack Thread Tools
post #461 of 472 Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Hi,

I find it very disturbig that it is almost impossible to hold constant speed (any gear) till aprox. 45. It is like on/off. Do you have similar issues?

Regards
yeah all or most of us do; I ordered a boosterplug from the inventor Jens Lyck; cost Au$200 and 150 to have a mechanic fit; it solved the problem and I recommend you start with that;?go to boosterplug.com?
post #462 of 472 Old 12-16-2017, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryleaves View Post
yeah all or most of us do; I ordered a boosterplug from the inventor Jens Lyck; cost Au$200 and 150 to have a mechanic fit; it solved the problem and I recommend you start with that;?go to boosterplug.com?
So the cost of a sticking plaster = $350 I recommend a visit to your nearest tuners and get a woolich ECU reflash and cure the problem from source, forever. Take it from someone who's just had it done, you won't be disappointed.
OdurtyG likes this.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #463 of 472 Old 12-17-2017, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee711 View Post
So the cost of a sticking plaster = $350 I recommend a visit to your nearest tuners and get a woolich ECU reflash and cure the problem from source, forever. Take it from someone who's just had it done, you won't be disappointed.
Cost £120 in the UK - we're a lot closer to Denmark I guess. And 30 mins to fit myself. Economics can be quite a lot different depending where you are and how much you can do yourself. But agree Woolich will be the cure - just not as cheap - unless you're in Aus.

post #464 of 472 Old 06-06-2018, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via MSN to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via Yahoo to Geobob/tigerlily1
Lest see if I can post to thread that is been posted as a "sticky".

I am about to order the completed package from Woolich in order to re-tune my 2016 GSXS 1000F.

I got a price from the nearest shop of $500 to do the re-flash. The cost of the Woolich package with the data log box and wide band O2 sensor is $715.

My reasons for attempting to do this re-tune myself are several. One I might or probably will make some changes to the exhaust in the future and want to be able to re-tune a second time without spending the $500 again. I also enjoy learning as much about fuel inject mapping as a can. It is the future of tuning so you might as well get you feet wet some time. I also have an aftermarket EFI system on my 79 turbo CBX that is getting a new computer next.

First question is does anyone have any information as to why one would not or should not do this.

Second, if anyone can help with pointing me to other threads on here that have some good information. I have run across several but finding them was not as simple as it sounds.

I did not want to start a new thread and further clutter things up so if a moderator can suggest where to start posting my experience and progress just let me know.

I could also use some info on a catalytic converter eliminator pipe and muffler and maybe some modification to the intake track.

Last edited by Geobob/tigerlily1; 06-06-2018 at 09:29 AM. Reason: need to add more info
post #465 of 472 Old 06-06-2018, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Garage
Ive gone with the do it yourself woolich system as I enjoy fiddling with it myself and I continuously make new mods.

However there are a couple of downsides:

Knowing what direction to go to fix problems, fuel or ignition something else

Street dyno, finding somewhere to do your streetbdyno testing, particularly at full throttle
..even more dodgy as the tunong works and the bike gets faster

My website (in development) has info on the woolich tuning and exhaust mods
post #466 of 472 Old 07-06-2018, 03:43 AM

Good post Rob; it cost me a broken leg to discover boosterplug, which turned my gsxs1000fa from a stalling jerky pig into a rideable bike
post #467 of 472 Old 07-06-2018, 03:58 AM

I'm happy with the Boosterplug but respect your recommendation; quite honestly, at 200km old having ridden my bike along the highway from the dealers I met my friends for an inaugural ride, and after fuelling up and attempting a tight turn the ******* stalled on full lock with a dead jerk throwing me and the bike to the ground. When I stood up my leg was broken. I was not a new rider. I have owned and ridden 2 gsxr's and a hayabusa and done lots of trackdays. The friend who took my bike home while I went to the hospital to have a plate put in my leg had it stall on him 3 times. He can do monos at 200kph on a cbr1000 and is a veteran of trackdays. He told me there was something seriously wrong with my new bike. Weeks in bed convalescing gave me time to find, order and have fitted the boosterplug. When I got back on the bike it was cured as far as I was concerned. It is not just Suzukis,I've heard of serious injuries from this lean mapping to pass EU emission requirements on any bike made after 2012; which should never have been imposed on 2 wheel vhicles. Just look at how VW tried to duck this bureaucratic political correctness.
post #468 of 472 Old 07-11-2018, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryleaves View Post
I'm happy with the Boosterplug but respect your recommendation; quite honestly, at 200km old having ridden my bike along the highway from the dealers I met my friends for an inaugural ride, and after fuelling up and attempting a tight turn the ******* stalled on full lock with a dead jerk throwing me and the bike to the ground. When I stood up my leg was broken. I was not a new rider. I have owned and ridden 2 gsxr's and a hayabusa and done lots of trackdays. The friend who took my bike home while I went to the hospital to have a plate put in my leg had it stall on him 3 times. He can do monos at 200kph on a cbr1000 and is a veteran of trackdays. He told me there was something seriously wrong with my new bike. Weeks in bed convalescing gave me time to find, order and have fitted the boosterplug. When I got back on the bike it was cured as far as I was concerned. It is not just Suzukis,I've heard of serious injuries from this lean mapping to pass EU emission requirements on any bike made after 2012; which should never have been imposed on 2 wheel vhicles. Just look at how VW tried to duck this bureaucratic political correctness.

"It costs an arm and a leg to save the environment!" J/k. Dang! After reading this, I'm definitely getting my ECU tuned ASAP!
post #469 of 472 Old 07-13-2018, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can relate to the previous comments and was even considering trading in the bike for a MT10 (which was super-smooth on a test drive), but before I did I tried a Power Commander V. Not cheap, but now it feels like a different bike. Fuelling is fixed, smooth ride, no more jerking. I may be imagining it but also seems to have more power. It's installed with the standard Power Commander GSXS1000 fuelling map. I am told it's worth getting the map tuned professionally, but it’s so good right now that I'm not sure I need that. Has anyone had that done, is it worth it?

Last edited by OllyShoro; 07-13-2018 at 06:54 AM.
post #470 of 472 Old 07-27-2018, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Did you get your ECU back from Schintz yet? If so, what do you think of the flash?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page