GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Constant throttle

170K views 480 replies 138 participants last post by  LanghamP 
#1 ·
Hi,

I find it very disturbig that it is almost impossible to hold constant speed (any gear) till aprox. 45. It is like on/off. Do you have similar issues?

Regards

#469 · (Edited)
I can relate to the previous comments and was even considering trading in the bike for a MT10 (which was super-smooth on a test drive), but before I did I tried a Power Commander V. Not cheap, but now it feels like a different bike. Fuelling is fixed, smooth ride, no more jerking. I may be imagining it but also seems to have more power. It's installed with the standard Power Commander GSXS1000 fuelling map. I am told it's worth getting the map tuned professionally, but it’s so good right now that I'm not sure I need that. Has anyone had that done, is it worth it?

#471 ·
G'day folks,
See my post https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/367078-post6.html of yesterday.

I know it sounds to good to be true. A simple adjustment of the TPS without any special tools, electrical measuring devices and without going into service/dealer mode. I can confirm I consider my bike to be 99% (always room for improvement), did a 160km ride this morning to check I wasn't dreaming.

It's a different bike, can go down as low ad 45km/h in top gear and pull away S M O O T H L Y. No off/on throttle at all. It does have a little 'warble' when the throttle is completely closed from high rpm in low gears (from 140km in second gear) but not like it used to be. Still smiling 4 hours later.

Hope it helps fix other bikes as it has mine.

Regards, Fezwick

#473 ·
I don't know what year your bike is or where you are but I recently fitted the throttle tube for the 2019 model, which is the same one they've fitted to the new Katana, to my 2018 bike and it's made it a much nicer bike to ride. The tube has a different, larger diameter, cable ramp so it gives a more progressive throttle action, definitely worth the £17 it cost here in the UK. :D

#474 ·
i find it interesting knowone wants to give themself enough time to adjust over time.....im riding around on a 16 and never have any problem...I did at first...now its gone...so being the dummy that i am i start making it do it .. yup does it every time..then back to what i was doing to make it smooth,,,,,you guessed it smooth every time.......i adjusted without reailzing not throttle controll ,,clutch controll..any time i have to close my throttle for any reason at any speed ill light feather clutch when getting back on the gas and no snatch ever......ya ya ya i know its different for the hard core guys who run there bikes hard and demand the best...thats a good point id suggest castrol on that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.