• 3 Post By RedGSXS

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dialing out throttle slack - All of it

We've all heard the multiple complaints of too much throttle slack. My bike was no different. So with the engine off I simply dialed out the slack using the cable adjuster. Whallah. But then when I rode the bike the slack came back. The slack would disappear once the engine was stopped. I've ridin moto my whole life and never experienced this issue. So I went back to the throttle cable adjuster and just kept dialing it out until the slack was gone even with the engine running.

Now it feels perfect and I can control the bike sooo much better. That throttle slack makes the bike even more jumpy.
lee711, TTNorth and Rusty like this.

So Cal Rider
post #2 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Well thats my weekend project sorted,

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #3 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Dealer told me when I mentioned it to them that the slack is supposed to be there because of the fat bars and when you turn them from lock to lock the cable can be pulled giving the engine surges that people talk about. Also said that if you dial the slack out they will put it when it is serviced ?.....

post #4 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The manual does recommend a certain level of slack. But its your riding, your bike and I did exactly the same thing. They put the slack back in when they serviced it and I took it right out again when I got it back. Just make sure the engine is running when you adjust. If the revs start to rise you've gone too far.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
When I adjust the throttle cable I have the bike running and warmed up, remove almost all the slack and then turn the bars from stop to stop and adjust the slack so that the revs dont rise when turning the bar.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
If the revs rise when you turn the bars the cables are overall too short, I adjusted mine to remove all the free play As I've done on previous bikes, as for me it makes riding so much easier as you know exactly when the revs will increase as you twist the throttle. There is another adjuster on the left of the throttle body linkage easily accessible when you lift the tank, so you can set the handle bar adjuster mid way, then reset the adjuster under the tank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page