LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-31-2016, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Sticky button warning !

So after applying copious amounts of silicone spray down and around the T/C selector button and plenty of jiggling it still wouldn't release freely, i removed the grey mode selector button and repeated the procedure trying to to free it up, no joy. At this point I should really have booked it in for a warranty issue, but not being one to admit defeat and being fairly mechanically competent, I took it upon myself to dismantle the whole switch assembly after all it can't be that big of an issue........... WRONG !!! Inside there are 2 main parts, one for T/C and mode selector and the other for the main beam and flash. Everything is very tightly packed in and took some time to release the 2 parts in order to get access to the T/C part. I managed to work red grease and silicone spray into the switch and released it to a satisfactory level. Putting it all back together was a different story, extremely difficult and frustratingly awkward is an understatement. After an hour of fiddling I finally managed to get the 2 parts re-seated in the housing with the wires tucked in only to then realise that a white wire that should be connected to the Main beam / flasher switch had broke off right where it enters the unit, leaving a repair solder impossible. This wire is for the main permanent headlight which now doesn't work. Totally hacked off and having no other choice but to order a replacement left hand switch gear from the main stealers. So guys my advice is, if you have an issue with this sticking switch, take it straight back to your dealers and get them to sort this problem out under warranty. This important switch should not be having these issues on such a new bike.

HACKED OFF...............!!!!!!
ackack and tonyt like this.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #2 of 4 Old 01-31-2016, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hey..thanks for the warning pal.
Had no problems with my tc switch but the warning is heeded.
Do we know if its water ingress,lack of lubrication,or a part made in CHINA?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2016, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Ive just had mine replaced under warranty at Preston Motorcycles even their demo bike had a faulty switch

ATB

Mick K

post #4 of 4 Old 01-31-2016, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick K View Post
Ive just had mine replaced under warranty at Preston Motorcycles even their demo bike had a faulty switch

ATB

Mick K
Scratched tank again then Mick?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page