Oil filler cap leaking? - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-30-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oil filler cap leaking?

Has anybody had an issue with this? The O-ring is in place. I tightened the doo-doo out of it and it still is seeping a little bit. I have a new cap and OEM O-ring on order but I feel like I am missing something stupid. Started after I changed the oil for what that is worth.
wojo72 is online now  
post #2 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 02:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 825
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojo72 View Post
Has anybody had an issue with this? The O-ring is in place. I tightened the doo-doo out of it and it still is seeping a little bit. I have a new cap and OEM O-ring on order but I feel like I am missing something stupid. Started after I changed the oil for what that is worth.

Hi wojo,
Probably the O ring was suss. Googling it seemed like a lot of new bikes have this issue and new O ring fixed it.
I suppose that when you refilled the oil after the service you had both wheels on flat ground, and not with the back jacked up higher with a paddock stand and filled it to the top of the sight glass?

Rob.
Slower and Slower is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 08:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Kassu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Kassu
Position 10 needs to be replaced.

Annuit coeptis
Kassu is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 08:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Kassu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Kassu
Position 10 : O-ring

Annuit coeptis
Kassu is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Kassu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Kassu
O-ring PN 0928017003.
Better to have it in your pocket before changing the engine oil.

Annuit coeptis
Kassu is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassu View Post
O-ring PN 0928017003.
Better to have it in your pocket before changing the engine oil.
I have 2 on order.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
wojo72 is online now  
post #7 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Kassu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Kassu
Use only one of them at a time.

Annuit coeptis
Kassu is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassu View Post
Use only one of them at a time.

Well, there goes that idea! LOL. I ordered to filler o-rings, a couple of oil drain gaskets and a filler plug. It was the same price for shipping. Robbery!
wojo72 is online now  
post #9 of 12 Old 10-31-2016, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
 
ChicagoAJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojo72 View Post
Well, there goes that idea! LOL. I ordered to filler o-rings, a couple of oil drain gaskets and a filler plug. It was the same price for shipping. Robbery!
Should've just had your local dealer get you everything, just call up with all the part numbers ready. I always check the prices with my dealer before ordering from a parts site. Parts sites are notorious for high shipping, except a couple I've found (unless you spend $250+ and qualify for free shipping). Partsfish and PartShark (both are .com) always have reasonable shipping. Only problem with parts sites are that it usually takes a couple weeks on average to get the items to your door. Usually my dealer can get everything together in a few days.

Previous Rides:
2012 CBR250R
2014 CBR500R (ABS)
2016 FZ-07

Current Rides:
2016 GSX-S1000 (ABS)
2016 CB300F
ChicagoAJ is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-01-2016, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoAJ View Post
Should've just had your local dealer get you everything, just call up with all the part numbers ready. I always check the prices with my dealer before ordering from a parts site. Parts sites are notorious for high shipping, except a couple I've found (unless you spend $250+ and qualify for free shipping). Partsfish and PartShark (both are .com) always have reasonable shipping. Only problem with parts sites are that it usually takes a couple weeks on average to get the items to your door. Usually my dealer can get everything together in a few days.
Thanks. I'll bookmark those for next time.


Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
wojo72 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome