2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 02-06-2017, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Can't go over 40mph

Hey guys new member here, I live in the US and i recently put a full M4 exhaust on my GSXS 1000 and sent the ecu out to be flashed, i didn't bother putting a fuel stabilizer in over winter cause normally i run around on the bike still but i ran into issues with the parts and it sat without running for over a month. I finally got it all together and put the new ecu in and was out riding and any time I'm going about 35 it starts to bog and sputter hard. The higher the gear I'm in the worse it runs as well. Do you think this is because of the fuel sitting? Or do you think it could be the new ecu? Thanks!
post #2 of 18 Old 02-06-2017, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
For a bike to run that badly, the fuel map would have to be a long way off. Who flashed the ECU, and what specific map did they use? Who fitted your M4 exhaust, and how did you deal with the exhaust valve? (Did you use the plate provided by M4 and keep the servo motor, or buy an eliminator?) Are there any codes being thrown by your ECU?
post #3 of 18 Old 02-06-2017, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Bacon View Post
For a bike to run that badly, the fuel map would have to be a long way off. Who flashed the ECU, and what specific map did they use? Who fitted your M4 exhaust, and how did you deal with the exhaust valve? (Did you use the plate provided by M4 and keep the servo motor, or buy an eliminator?) Are there any codes being thrown by your ECU?
It was flashed by Superbike Unlimited and they're pretty reputable so that's why i doubt it's the ecu, and yes i used the servo thing m4 shipped but Superbike Unlimited did an 02 delete anyways. I installed the exhaust and i ran it with the stock ecu before winter hit. That's why my only real idea atm is the fuel being bad or the injectors gummed up from sitting, like i said it sat over a month and we had days where it got below 0 degrees Fahrenheit. It seems to idle fine and sounds fine up to 30mph then it's like it hits a wall and i top out around 35-40mph regardless of what gear I'm in.

post #4 of 18 Old 02-06-2017, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Hi Anthony,
I can only comment of the fuel sitting for 1 month and by the way was it an ethanol fuel?
My Honda VFR sat unstarted for 7 months due to damage, insurance, parts on order issues and it had no problems with the same fuel in the tank that the Dealer put in for delivery. It was stored outside during the day uncovered in all weathers and had non ethanol fuel and was stock (actually 2 weeks old).

My other feedback, was with a GSXR1000K5 that I had that wouldn't start sitting for a week after me topping the fuel up with 6 month old petrol from the 4 L mower can (so I could buy fresh stuff for it). The Mechanics found the spark plugs were fouled, and a Suzuki design feature is that if one plug is crook, the bike ecu stops the other cylinders from firing at all.
To me they looked fine, but no problem after new iridium's fitted and nothing was seen in the error codes by them or me at home first up.

Rob.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 02-07-2017 at 03:32 AM.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-06-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It is non ethenol premium. I'm going to try putting some fuel stabilizer in it and see if it can work out any dirty fuel if that's what's causing it, If that won't help I'll go to my local dealer and ask their opinions and maybe have them check it out, if they can't seem to find anything I'll contact the people who did the ECU flash. Maybe they did the mapping for a GSXR?? XD idk, hopefully it's nothing crazy
post #6 of 18 Old 02-06-2017, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
I might start with dumping the old fuel and putting some fresh fuel in...make sure no vent hoses, etc. are kinked.

'17 Husky 701 SM
post #7 of 18 Old 02-07-2017, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Fuel doesn't go off in a month and if it's been that cold it would only make it last longer.
Was the ECU flashed for a Standard set up or the M4 set up?

Pull my finger
post #8 of 18 Old 02-07-2017, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Garage
Bikes sit on a shop floor for months and even years all the time and if it was bad fuel I think you will notice it down low more than in the higher revs
Either they have made a mistake somewhere in the flash as even a bad fuelling map would have to be real bad to make it run this bad or maybe you have not connected something properly when you put the ecu back in the bike, maybe crushed a hose when you lowered the tank or the ecu plugs not clipped in properly.
Even a map for a stock bike with your m4 installed wouldn't make it run that bad I wouldn't have thought

Previous bikes
1982 YZ80J
1977 TS185
1981 XR500
1994 GSX750 Katana (Popup)
1981 GSX1100
1999 GSX750F
2008 GSX1400
Current bikes
2005 V-Strom 650 Blue
2016 GSXS1000F Blue
post #9 of 18 Old 02-07-2017, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
My vote is the ECU flash...dont different injectors kick in at a different speed or RPM?
post #10 of 18 Old 02-07-2017, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Not a fan of the place mentioned, my moneys on the flash being screwed up. Send it back.

2016 GSX-S1000

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page