LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fuel cut after Decat

Hey there !!

I'm having problem with my bike under acceleration since i removed the cat from my bike. im not 100% sure it is the cause of the problem but under acceleration (above 40% of the throttle) the bike just get real hard cuts, it feels like the fuel is cutting and there is a 1 second lag when i try to open more throttle, which make it impossible to go above 150 km/h.
In some rides it happens and in some it wont, also when it does it happens in all gears.

Also i have another issue with the decat is that i get both FI light and the yellow check engine light, is a ECU Flash is a "Must-do" after a full decat? it is really expensive in my country (around 1K$)

Thanks ahead!
post #2 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Hi,

First thing you need to do is find out what error you are getting - put the bike in DTC or Dealer mode and read the codes and then post back here

If you are not sure how to get to dealer mode or read codes go here
post #3 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
First of all thanks for the quick response!
This the the error i am getting (Number 46), Im 100% sure the error code is because of the cat removal, but i'm not sure about the lag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180819_130422_1534673715629.jpg (104.3 KB, 19 views)

post #4 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 06:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by talalony View Post
First of all thanks for the quick response!
This the the error i am getting (Number 46), Im 100% sure the error code is because of the cat removal, but i'm not sure about the lag
C46 is SET valve error - did you remove or disconnect the SET valve when you did the decat?

It could be that the cables that control the SET valve have been put back on incorrectly, particularly if the ignition was turned on before refitting the cables - then it will need resynching
post #5 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The guy who did the decat for me kept the valve in place but he left the flap open, i'm not sure about how he connected the cables for the SET valve, is it possible to remove the light without flashing the ecu?
post #6 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 07:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by talalony View Post
The guy who did the decat for me kept the valve in place but he left the flap open, i'm not sure about how he connected the cables for the SET valve, is it possible to remove the light without flashing the ecu?
You can buy a SET Valve eliminator on ebay for about 50 USD, but I would check that the valve is being kept full open by the spring correctly - if it is closing it could cause your other problems
post #7 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok i have checked and the cables of the SET valve is disconnected, i wonder if it would be better to reconnect it or bypass it with the SERVO elliminator in terms of power loss, and if a ECU flash would be recommended in both cases.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 09:43 AM

Garage
Reconnecting has some advantages but needs to be done properly - and a Flash would help (can also switch off the valve) - Can buy the kit to do it yourself for 400 USD from Woolich Racing
post #9 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Garage
The guy that did the decat should be banned from working with anything else than vintage mopeds or similar.

It is just unacceptable to just "hack" into the exhaust without doing simple precautions/mods to eliminate any problems with malfuntions in the engine managment.

This is really easy to avoid, and there are cheap routes and a bit more expensive routes (buy servo eliminator).

For a non-ghetto-mod, like buying a complete system from Arrow/Black Widow, there is a stopper in the kit that is placed on the servo so this error do no occur.
PhuketPaul likes this.

2018 - Speed Triple S
2015 - GSX-S1000
2009 - B-King 1441
post #10 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
You may have disconnected the cables but is the valve open? Its supposed to be held open by a spring. However, if he was removing your cat i wouldnt be surprised if he damaged or somehow moved the spring. They are very close. Set valve eliminator may get rid of the fault code but will be no help if valve is not fully open. As soon as you said decat and described your problem i new the set was the issue.
PhuketPaul likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page