LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-03-2018, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Right foot peg vibration

Hi everyone,
I recently bought a GSXS1000F and I'm in love with it... However, after doing 5000km, I have some concern about the vibration I feel, specially in the right foot peg.

After ~5000rpm, maintaining highway speed, I can notice a constant high frequency vibration, specially in the right footpeg. When doing mountain roads, this is almost unnoticeable, because the rpms are changing all the time, however in the highway, maintaining ~130km/h, after a while this is very annoying, and makes me feel tired very quickly.

The vibration comes from the engine, as it disappear if I just press the clutch.

I saw other users who changed the foot pegs for rubber ones, but before doing that, I'd like to know if this is something to be expected...

I bought the motorbike almost new (only had 1500km), and it has an after market slip on exhaust, which I could even blame (maybe a missing rubber washer...), but I'd like to know about other users, if they feel this as well...

Last edited by RobeAmsterdam; 09-03-2018 at 05:41 AM. Reason: typo
post #2 of 7 Old 09-04-2018, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Hi and Welcome,
I am assuming it's all stock except for the can.
Do you have the Suzuki exhaust can to see if that changes it for you?
Inline 4's have a natural vibration at around 4000 and and again at 8000 RPM's. So nothing unusual there.
Over corrected suspension sag makes vibration worse, as the engine vibrations energy end up being smoothed by the springs front and rear. Notice how Hoggly Dogglies' front handle bars bounce all up and down at idle?
I suggest your bike needs an engine tune of the throttle bodies, TPS that sort of thing and that is not due for a major service if you come to a dead end.

Rob.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 09-04-2018 at 09:05 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Garage
I bought a pair of these Puig Sport Footpegs and they surprised me by the reduction in vibration. I bought them mainly to clean up the look and was not expecting any other benefits, but I noticed on my first ride that they do reduce vibration, and are supper comfy.
RobeAmsterdam likes this.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-05-2018, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the responses.

I plan to review sag settings in the next few days (when it stops raining around here) and install the missing rubber washers in the exhaust, I hope to feel a difference after that, if not, I will go to the shop and ask for a review, after all, it's on warranty...

I also have the original can, so I could also test that to make sure...

If it turns out it is expected and I am over sensitive about it, then I'll start looking into changing foot pegs, those Puig ones look quite nice!
Slower and Slower likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-10-2018, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm happy to say that it is now fixed

The problem was the piece of metal that covers the exhaust pipes and the catalyzer. The way it was installed was... really crappy, just one of this holding it against the spring in the pipe.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/attac...=37076&thumb=1

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/attac...=37078&thumb=1

Of course, this was creating vibrations... After removing it, I made a 300km trip just to try all possible scenarios and it looks like it's fixed!!
Attached Images
File Type: png 2018-09-10_10h47_26.png (78.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png 2018-09-10_10h50_26.png (828.3 KB, 38 views)
mike d likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-10-2018, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobeAmsterdam View Post
I'm happy to say that it is now fixed

The problem was the piece of metal that covers the exhaust pipes and the catalyzer. The way it was installed was... really crappy, just one of this holding it against the spring in the pipe.

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/attac...=37076&thumb=1

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/attac...=37078&thumb=1

Of course, this was creating vibrations... After removing it, I made a 300km trip just to try all possible scenarios and it looks like it's fixed!!
Hi,

Are you saying that the ring (in your picture) was hitting the cover? And you removed the ring piece?
post #7 of 7 Old 09-10-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXDude View Post
Hi,

Are you saying that the ring (in your picture) was hitting the cover? And you removed the ring piece?
No, the ring in the picture is what was holding the cover (the spring was through the ring, and the ring attached to the cover). I removed the entire cover, which was only attached by a screw and that ring.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page