Snatchy Throttle Issue Fixed - Page 13 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 137 Old 04-17-2019, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Each to his own, whatever works for you.
post #122 of 137 Old 04-17-2019, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Bunch of slackers...
Beaker likes this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2007 Honda VTX 1800F3
post #123 of 137 Old 04-17-2019, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
Each to his own, whatever works for you.

Dude come on you are getting a little touchy on a subject that is really of no meaning riding a motorcycle.

The "blipping the throttle to match engine revs part is cute", how many years have you roadraced? how many trackdays if any? Well I can answer both on my account. 5 regional Expert championships with WERA Mid-Central region all on 1000s. Many many trackdays, so many I can't even count since 2000. If throttle slack is causing 'blipping the throttle" issues with you you ain't going fast enough, nice as I can be about that part. Plus if you got time to think about it then there again moot point you ain't going fast enough. As for street riding that sort of non sense is best left at a track. Blipping may sound cool on the street but in reality it ain't really needed and really ain't needed on the track the way most back shift multiple times at once entering a turn. I find it NO harder to blip a throttle with recommended throttle slack than without any slack what so ever. I'm not even analyzing the procedure. I just get it done. Plus on a track you typically grab 2 maybe 3 back shifts into a turn and back slip them in with clutch modulation which matches engine speed and that is what most still do to this date even with a slipper clutch. Most run the slipper completely out meaning they don't rely on it like a street rider would. I was middle of the road with my slipper clutch setup.

Talk of blipping a throttle to match engine revs, backing it in, all that track talk sound impressive on the internet when in reality it is just that, talk.

But by all means carry on with the no slack method you have perfected. My two cents

2016 GSX-S1000

post #124 of 137 Old 04-17-2019, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy826 View Post
Dude come on you are getting a little touchy on a subject that is really of no meaning riding a motorcycle.

The "blipping the throttle to match engine revs part is cute", how many years have you roadraced? how many trackdays if any? Well I can answer both on my account. 5 regional Expert championships with WERA Mid-Central region all on 1000s. Many many trackdays, so many I can't even count since 2000. If throttle slack is causing 'blipping the throttle" issues with you you ain't going fast enough, nice as I can be about that part. Plus if you got time to think about it then there again moot point you ain't going fast enough. As for street riding that sort of non sense is best left at a track. Blipping may sound cool on the street but in reality it ain't really needed and really ain't needed on the track the way most back shift multiple times at once entering a turn. I find it NO harder to blip a throttle with recommended throttle slack than without any slack what so ever. I'm not even analyzing the procedure. I just get it done. Plus on a track you typically grab 2 maybe 3 back shifts into a turn and back slip them in with clutch modulation which matches engine speed and that is what most still do to this date even with a slipper clutch. Most run the slipper completely out meaning they don't rely on it like a street rider would. I was middle of the road with my slipper clutch setup.

Talk of blipping a throttle to match engine revs, backing it in, all that track talk sound impressive on the internet when in reality it is just that, talk.

But by all means carry on with the no slack method you have perfected. My two cents
Dude, you read waaay too much into my post.

Firstly, I never had any attitude, I was just sayin' "hey, whatever works for you"...if you want slack in your throttle then by all means, run with it!

Secondly, there's no need to rip me a new one, criticizing my (presumed) lack of track days and racing years under my belt, just because I said I like to rev-match the engine to the gears while downshifting. You do whatever floats your boat and I'll enjoy my ride the way I want to, is that okay with you?

Seems to me like you're the touchy one. Chill out, already.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.
post #125 of 137 Old 04-17-2019, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Someone help me out. I am preparing to remove the shrouds/covers of my gsx-s (naked version) so I can lift the tank and remove ECU to ship to danosperformance.

I am looking at this page https://gsx-s.info/suzuki-gsx-s-fairing-removal/
The top picture is labeled "Fuel tank cover removal".
Further down the page (below the faired model) another picture is labeled "Fuel tank front cover removal".
Which one of these should I use (or both) to remove these parts from my naked gsx-s?
The other pictures are not confusing but those two are.

Maybe it will make sense when I start taking it apart.

thanks

Last edited by tom.gassett; 04-17-2019 at 10:49 PM.
post #126 of 137 Old 04-18-2019, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.gassett View Post
Someone help me out. I am preparing to remove the shrouds/covers of my gsx-s (naked version) so I can lift the tank and remove ECU to ship to danosperformance.

I am looking at this page https://gsx-s.info/suzuki-gsx-s-fairing-removal/
The top picture is labeled "Fuel tank cover removal".
Further down the page (below the faired model) another picture is labeled "Fuel tank front cover removal".
Which one of these should I use (or both) to remove these parts from my naked gsx-s?
The other pictures are not confusing but those two are.

Maybe it will make sense when I start taking it apart.

thanks
I asked a similar question here https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...#/topics/42484

Hopefully everything you need to know is there, including links to relevant PDFs.
oldjackbob likes this.
post #127 of 137 Old 04-18-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstewardsquad View Post
I asked a similar question here https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...#/topics/42484

Hopefully everything you need to know is there, including links to relevant PDFs.

Thanks. I think I have enough pictures now. I just need to go ahead and do it. I think once I get started it will make sense with all the pictures.

thanks again
post #128 of 137 Old 04-20-2019, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjackbob View Post
On the way home today I tried 41-42 mph, then 31-32, then 21-22, then 19-20, all the while in 4th gear. Not a single hint of misbehaving throttle anywhere (but I do have a throttle tamer). 2018 F model.

I love this motor, I really feel badly for those guys having problems.
I tried the same experiment a couple times lately - not problems whatsoever. I don't have a throttle tamer, and my TPS reads low.
post #129 of 137 Old 05-06-2019, 10:12 PM

I hate to double post but I am desperate. I have the tank lifted but cannot figure out how to remove the ECU connectors. Someone please help!!!

Nevermind - I got it. I was not pressing down all the tabs.
LEAVEITSTOCK likes this.

Last edited by tom.gassett; 05-06-2019 at 10:20 PM. Reason: update
post #130 of 137 Old 05-07-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quatro View Post
when u put it back down make sure u don't trap the pipes, when I first went out yesterday bike was running bad, like running out of fuel, back to garage and found I had trapped the breather pipe, idiot

Quatro - my tank is up as I just sent the ECU to Dano's today. What do you mean by "don't trap the pipes"? I want to make sure I don't make that mistake when I put mine back together. thankx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page