81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 224 Old 07-22-2019, 04:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI Bound View Post
Can someone tell me where the ECU is located on our bikes ..i have no shop manual
Welcome Mate,
Here a link to the Workshop Manual for the 2016 model 1000, (and 750 as well).
https://gsx-s.info/gsx-s-manuals/

Rob.
post #172 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via MSN to Geobob/tigerlily1 Send a message via Yahoo to Geobob/tigerlily1
Has anyone tried to use the volt meter to adjust the TPS without the way over priced wired plugs. I don't see why you cannot just stab through the insulation on what ever wires the leads are connected. Which brings up the question, does anyone know which wires (i.e. color) you are measuring voltage across.

Ok I just looked at the photos and it looks like it is only a three wire lead and we are looking at voltage across the red and green wires. cannot be that hard to check without the $50 part. If I was sure it would fix something I would not have such an issue but I am still skeptical that getting the adjustment dialed in by voltage is going to fix the on/off jerking.

Last edited by Geobob/tigerlily1; 07-24-2019 at 12:55 AM.
post #173 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geobob/tigerlily1 View Post
Has anyone tried to use the volt meter to adjust the TPS without the way over priced wired plugs. I don't see why you cannot just stab through the insulation on what ever wires the leads are connected. Which brings up the question, does anyone know which wires (i.e. color) you are measuring voltage across.

Ok I just looked at the photos and it looks like it is only a three wire lead and we are looking at voltage across the red and green wires. cannot be that hard to check without the $50 part. If I was sure it would fix something I would not have such an issue but I am still skeptical that getting the adjustment dialed in by voltage is going to fix the on/off jerking.
I can't see why you couldn't strip wires or potentially remove them from the connector but smarter people than myself have bought the connector and for $50 it's a no fuss job.

I believe the snatchy throttle is a 3 dimensional beast.
TPS is one aspect which can and has been checked on new bikes and been found to be out of spec. I think it's less likely than the other two culprits.

Second is the throttle cable/tube tension and the way it opens and closes. Some have used a throttle tamer or the new katana throttle tube and have had good results.

Third is fuelling related. Many people have added a fuel controller or reflashed without touching anything else and had great results. Fixing poor stock fuelling is always a good idea. If done correctly the benefits of smoother operation and increased power are substantial.

If you have covered all 3 and you're still unhappy then crusty demon it off a cliff and claim the insurance. Or sell it if that's more your style.

I will have a tps lead for sale soon. Used once. Imagine how many of these leads are floating around given that in the 4 years of manufacture they still can't get the throttle fixed. I'd be happy to take $10 for mine as once your tps is adjusted correctly you shouldnt need to touch it again.
john.moore.1.6td likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.

post #174 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
I did just that, used a couple safety pins to stab into the wires, worked well.
oldjackbob likes this.
post #175 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.g View Post
FP - I had my ECU flashed by Dano's several weeks ago. The bike is much much better but I am having an issue (or still having the issue) with the bike "hunting" while at constant throttle at small throttle openings like when riding in traffic or going thru small towns with low speed limits. The bike will do the jitter bug with the tach jumping up and down. Very annoying. Anyway, I contacted Danos and ask him about it. He said to plug the pair valve and report back to him with the results. I have not done that yet but I plan to. Is your pair valve plugged? Are you experiencing this issue?

thanks
tg

Hi
the reason for this is introduced by suzuki in newer versions of the ECU. It is the closed loop operation of the lambda sensor.
dano should know this if he offers ECU flashes. disable the O2 lambda sensor, and the hunting will be gone.
if dano did not disable the error code when the sensor is disconnected, use a tool to fake the ECU that the O2 sensor is still there.
post #176 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Thanks for the info. Just to make sure we are on the same page, my O2 sensor is NOT disabled. It is still in place and enabled.
What do I need to do? Do I need to have Danos disable the O2 sensor? Do I need to disconnect the O2 sensor?

Last edited by tom.g; 07-24-2019 at 05:08 PM.
post #177 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.g View Post
Thanks for the info. Just to make sure we are on the same page, my O2 sensor is NOT disabled. It is still in place and enabled.
What do I need to do? Do I need to have Danos disable the O2 sensor? Do I need to disconnect and disable
the O2 sensor?

Tom:
Based on your question, you need to disconnect the O2 sensor by unplugging it (left side under gas tank); note this will then throw an error code. You can leave the sensor in place, or remove it and put a plug in the header (attached). Dano's flash will disable / turn off the FI light / error code.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Project Pix (7) small.JPG (139.0 KB, 7 views)
post #178 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
post #179 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXS-NH View Post
Tom:
Based on your question, you need to disconnect the O2 sensor by unplugging it (left side under gas tank); note this will then throw an error code. You can leave the sensor in place, or remove it and put a plug in the header (attached). Dano's flash will disable / turn off the FI light / error code.

I emailed with Danos and he does not think it is the O2 sensor.
He does not know what it is. He said he had flashed lots of gsx-s's like mine with O2 sensor left intact and they do not have this issue.
He said could be a dead spot in the TPS or throttle bodies out of sync. He also said it could be something else..........
post #180 of 224 Old 07-24-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerded Wanderer View Post

Would I still need to have the ECU flashed to not get a code?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page