• 1 Post By quatro

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Problems after ECU Flash?

I have read on facebook of people who have had the ECU Flash done using the Wilshire software and then experienced problems with some of the instrument info - mostly average mpg and the range calculation. The way some write about it this seems to be a commom problem and you are lucky if this doesn't happen! Is this true for anyone on here? Is it a commom problem? I know there will be some overlap with facebook but this forum has a broader reach I think so thought worth asking the question on here.

Thanks.
post #2 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Garage
I lost some range, I figured itís because it was lean before vs richer now. 10 to 15 miles of range less on a full tank best I can remember. I havenít rode it since October.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
I lost some range, I figured it’s because it was lean before vs richer now. 10 to 15 miles of range less on a full tank best I can remember. I haven’t rode it since October.
Fuel cut being turned off, when you roll off the throttle would hurt fuel economy too. Not sure if by that much.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
I noticed no problems after flash. Makes sense that might use slightly more fuel after flash though.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
I lost some range, I figured itís because it was lean before vs richer now. 10 to 15 miles of range less on a full tank best I can remember. I havenít rode it since October.
one of the reasons I bought this bike was the good mpg so am reluctant to go up the fall tuning route, ever been stuck in France on a Sunday saying c'est la vie all day waiting for the petrol station to open on Monday, if so find a bar, shoot pool with the locals and drink copious Ricard
oldjackbob likes this.

mike

video link
post #6 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
That comes out too like 8-10% fuel loss? Do you ride much city or steady highway curious? Did you keep o2 sensor?
post #7 of 8 Old 02-23-2019, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderReiver View Post
I have read on facebook of people who have had the ECU Flash done using the Wilshire software and then experienced problems with some of the instrument info - mostly average mpg and the range calculation. The way some write about it this seems to be a commom problem and you are lucky if this doesn't happen! Is this true for anyone on here? Is it a commom problem? I know there will be some overlap with facebook but this forum has a broader reach I think so thought worth asking the question on here.

Thanks.
I don't think it happens to the majority of flashed bikes but does happen to a significant number. It's easy to live with once you get used to it (mine for example is 50% out, so I just think of the range in Km as being in miles and its almost correct) . It doesn't mean you will run out of fuel or anything as the range still reaches zero at the correct point

Your actual fuel consumption may be worse than before but id depends on how you ride and what options you drive.

I often ride with a number of other bikes on fast back roads, up to about 230kmh and pushing quite hard, although mine is the most powerful bike I need to use less throttle or revs than other bikes and get the same fuel consumption - usually identical to a non flashed 750 that has to ride extremely hard to keep up. Aanother 1000, a stock bike, gets worse fuel consumption on these rides but more cruising the highway at a steady slowish speed
post #8 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the replies folks.I can see actual figs may be affected after a flash it was the apparent error with dash info that was concerning me. Looks like this can be lived with and the benefits of the flash outway any inconvenience! Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page