location of plug given for handle bar grip heating accessories - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By flanker25
  • 1 Post By Reagenn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-24-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
location of plug given for handle bar grip heating accessories

Dear All,

I have GSXS 1000f 2017 model, I saw on the youtube and also on this forum that for the Naked version there is a spare power socket available under the headlight.

could someone please let me know the location of the similar plug on the fairing version? for GSXS 1000F?
any pictures would be a great help.

thanks
Rav
gsxsdave likes this.
post #2 of 5 Old 03-24-2019, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
It's under the tank on the upper right side. Pretty hard to see unless you know where to look. Here's a pic I took of mine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aux Plug.jpg (171.9 KB, 43 views)
flanker25 likes this.

2016 GSXS1000F
2017 GSXR1000
post #3 of 5 Old 03-24-2019, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Yep, lift the tank. From above, look in the right side recess between the frame and the front of the airbox just a few inches to the right of the ignition switch (but below it). FYI it is tied down so it is difficult to connect anything to it as it has very little free play (i.e. you can't grab it and pull it a few inches toward you to make it easier to connect). If you want, you can search for my thread on installing the EasternBeaver 4CS kit. I reference a video I made where I talk about connecting to it. You'll also need to check if your heated grips have the right kind of male connector.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-01-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernVA View Post
Yep, lift the tank. From above, look in the right side recess between the frame and the front of the airbox just a few inches to the right of the ignition switch (but below it). FYI it is tied down so it is difficult to connect anything to it as it has very little free play (i.e. you can't grab it and pull it a few inches toward you to make it easier to connect). If you want, you can search for my thread on installing the EasternBeaver 4CS kit. I reference a video I made where I talk about connecting to it. You'll also need to check if your heated grips have the right kind of male connector.
Thanks a lot, nice video, very informative, could you please confirm , you used this kit?

I also need 3-4 connections for Fog lamp, heated grips and charger socket.
I ride all year, except white roads.
thanks
post #5 of 5 Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanker25 View Post
Thanks a lot, nice video, very informative, could you please confirm , you used this kit?

I also need 3-4 connections for Fog lamp, heated grips and charger socket.
I ride all year, except white roads.
thanks
I indeed used the 4CS kit (and it's still installed on my F model). According to my contact at EasternBeaver they have modified the kit per my suggestions in the video. I think it should do what you want. It may be possible to run both your heated grips and the charger (USB charger?) from the front signal wire. It can provide a maximum of 10amps. The only reason I suggest that is because the signal wire is right up front where you would need it anyway. You would then need to branch off to power both the grips and the charger from there (a crimper may come in handy so you can complete that wiring yourself). For the fog lights you could use one of the switched connectors. Note that EasternBeaver sells many of the necessary connectors (I bought all the ones I needed there).

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page