FI code reset - Page 2 - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 09-20-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cainus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toowoomba, QLD, AU
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Further issues related to TPS/throttle.

During tuning on the dyno the bike would not fully close throttle, remaining at about 3%.
I would guess it's either the TPS position (though i changed it within specifications), or the fully closed learned value that was not reset.

Perhaps it's more important than i first thought, it is part of the procedure stated in the manual.
I'm taking it into my Suzuki dealer next week to have it reset and hopefully it clears the issue.
If not, ill adjust the TPS back to it's original position and go from there.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
Cainus83 is online now  
post #12 of 21 Old 09-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 914
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Hi Cain,
I would suggest not altering the TPS again as you have set it to be in the correct range. 'Learned value' is not explained what that means in the Manual, so the 3% could be needing that reset seeing that you were out of the range to start with.
Saying that though, I would expected that from new, there would have been a code up with an FI light.
Any chance the throttle cable is too tightly adjusted and the grip is wound on by that 3% ? There is a built in 1 mm either way adjustable slop setting down at the TB end to stop that happening.
Unfortunately, with all fault finding, change only 1 thing at a time.

Rob.
oldjackbob and Cainus83 like this.
Slower and Slower is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old 09-20-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cainus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toowoomba, QLD, AU
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Hi Cain,
I would suggest not altering the TPS again as you have set it to be in the correct range. 'Learned value' is not explained what that means in the Manual, so the 3% could be needing that reset seeing that you were out of the range to start with.
Saying that though, I would expected that from new, there would have been a code up with an FI light.
Any chance the throttle cable is too tightly adjusted and the grip is wound on by that 3% ? There is a built in 1 mm either way adjustable slop setting down at the TB end to stop that happening.
Unfortunately, with all fault finding, change only 1 thing at a time.

Rob.
I had a look at the cable slack at the TB when I did the procedure and it seemed correct. Given that I changed the tps setting and nothing else I'll try the learned value reset next week and eliminate one thing at a time.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
Cainus83 is online now  
 
post #14 of 21 Old 09-24-2019, 01:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 914
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Hi Cain,
Dealer reset the codes OK yet ?
Not pushing that on you, but here's my experience today ending in a FI light that won't clear.
First up, I haven't checked the C code, by I know it's a front wheel sensor that is raising it's head.

I washed the 750 for the first time in June and all was good. That time I did the deed I air dried it with the leaf blower and ended up with that code for a while till it got it's first service where it was reset.
Same happened with the V Strom 1000 too, but that cleared up by itself after 3 days of short 2 hour rides. Leaf blower used too.

Today, I gave it a bath and a scrub and no blower. All good, no codes.
I put it up on the paddock stand, and ran it at idle for around 3 minutes or so to warm up. The bike in neutral and the front wheel stationary on the floor of course.
Put it into 2nd up to 6th on idle rev's and no FI light.
Then I revved it up to 5000 RPM fully throw the water out of the chain, and then the FI light popped up and stays on permanently after ignition is switched off and on several times.
The should be no active alarm when it's in neutral that is raising this FI light. The only light should be traction control and ABS lights that clear after riding off.

I know your issue is not what I've raised here, but I think there is similar issue with the what should be now corrected codes not flushing themselves away after ignition on and the ECU re loading the program and testing all the sensor's.
So the same thing happening on 2 of my Suzuki bikes which all use the same software 3 times now. There's a bug somewhere in the black box.
Wonder if anyone here wants to test it and end up with a FI light too for the Team ?

Rob.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 09-24-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Slower and Slower is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old 09-24-2019, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cainus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toowoomba, QLD, AU
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
Hi Cain,
Dealer reset the codes OK yet ?
Not pushing that on you, but here's my experience today ending in a FI light that won't clear.
First up, I haven't checked the C code, by I know it's a front wheel sensor that is raising it's head.

I washed the 750 for the first time in June and all was good. That time I did the deed I air dried it with the leaf blower and ended up with that code for a while till it got it's first service where it was reset.
Same happened with the V Strom 1000 too, but that cleared up by itself after 3 days of short 2 hour rides. Leaf blower used too.

Today, I gave it a bath and a scrub and no blower. All good, no codes.
I put it up on the paddock stand, and ran it at idle for around 3 minutes or so to warm up. The bike in neutral and the front wheel stationary on the floor of course.
Put it into 2nd up to 6th on idle rev's and no FI light.
Then I revved it up to 5000 RPM fully throw the water out of the chain, and then the FI light popped up and stays on permanently after ignition is switched off and on several times.
The should be no active alarm when it's in neutral that is raising this FI light. The only light should be traction control and ABS lights that clear after riding off.

I know your issue is not what I've raised here, but I think there is similar issue with the what should be now corrected codes not flushing themselves away after ignition on and the ECU re loading the program and testing all the sensor's.
So the same thing happening on 2 of my Suzuki bikes which all use the same software 3 times now. There's a bug somewhere in the black box.
Wonder if anyone here wants to test it and end up with a FI light too for the Team ?

Rob.
Hi Rob.

I had the codes removed at least from being displayed on the dash during the woolich tune. He couldn't remove them from stored codes and I suspect that it's due to the required tps reset procedure or the tps is indeed out of spec despite the readings on my multimeter.

I believe if the tps was out the FI light would remain and it hasn't come back for which I'm grateful.

I'm having the closed learned position reset at my suzuki dealer tomorrow and I will report back with my findings.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
Cainus83 is online now  
post #16 of 21 Old 09-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just did TPS adjustment few days ago, I tested it anyway and decided to not change it as it was at 1.100 exactly and bike was fine, upon putting everything back together it had a F1 code, I was so mad because I already put it all back together, and all I did was unclip/reclip 2 connections. I disconnected battery for an hour, turned bike on. The code was still there, I turned bike off for 10 minutes, restarted it, the code was gone.

I skimmed over most the comments, but id try it.
Slower and Slower likes this.
PengWinnin is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old 09-25-2019, 05:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 914
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PengWinnin View Post
I just did TPS adjustment few days ago, I tested it anyway and decided to not change it as it was at 1.100 exactly and bike was fine, upon putting everything back together it had a F1 code, I was so mad because I already put it all back together, and all I did was unclip/reclip 2 connections. I disconnected battery for an hour, turned bike on. The code was still there, I turned bike off for 10 minutes, restarted it, the code was gone.

I skimmed over most the comments, but id try it.
Hi PW,
Last time around I disconnected the battery for a good 2 hours and it did not go away by itself.
The Dealer workshop Guys reset it at the first service. If the weather is fair (shower or two forecast) I'll check it again on the road sooner or later. It could have cleared today, I haven't looked at it.
No big deal, it is just a nuisance software bug from Suzuki.

Rob.
Slower and Slower is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old 09-25-2019, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia.
Posts: 914
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
FI light up still this morning. Rode for 15 minutes and it would not clear by ign sw off and on.
Rode for another 30 minutes, same. Rode home for 45 minutes, and the FI still up.
In the garage, it cleared after a ign sw off/on.
I am wondering if the output of the ECU stays up or the speedo head unit doesn't drop out when all is good.
Anyway all good now (next ride will tell, but I am 99.99% sure it's reset itself).

Rob.
Slower and Slower is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old 09-26-2019, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cainus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toowoomba, QLD, AU
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I have no FI light after my flash though the stored TPS and exhaust valve codes are logged.

The Suzuki technician attempted to reset the closed learned value but for some unknown reason it would not work.
The tuner also had difficulty last week with the TPS code and could not clear it from the memory.
I called him about the exhaust valve and it had been cleared though he said some bikes have a memory bug and it will persist in the stored memory.

I'm going to set the TP to the original position and voltage this weekend and take it in to Suzuki next week to attempt the TP reset again.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
Cainus83 is online now  
post #20 of 21 Old 10-02-2019, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Cainus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Toowoomba, QLD, AU
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I've set the TP sensor to it's original position and my Suzuki dealer had no problem this time resetting the fully closed learned value.
I didn't feel much of a difference, if any, in the throttle response either way.

There were no dash codes and i believe the code history is also now empty.
Slower and Slower likes this.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
Cainus83 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome