5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 09-14-2019, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FI code reset

Hi folks. Just attempted the tps adjustment and tried starting the bike with the stp disconnected and apparently the ignition too.

It's thrown codes for the tps.. stp.. ignition. Also a code for the servo which I expect to remain as it's disconnected.

I put it in dealer mode again and the codes remain even after reconnecting them.

C14, C29, C42.

Bikes running fine after reconnecting them all. Anybody know how to clear them?

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #2 of 21 Old 09-14-2019, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
This has been discussed on this site and Phuket Paul suggested

https://gsx-s.info/suzuki-error-codes/
post #3 of 21 Old 09-14-2019, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Sorry,the preceding link doesn't work, this one does

https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuk...ult-codes.html

post #4 of 21 Old 09-14-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks, I pulled up that thread but unfortunately it didn't clear them. I'll call my dealer on Monday.

post #5 of 21 Old 09-14-2019, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
C14 - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C29 - SECONDARY THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C42 - IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL

The larger font above is from a C & P from elsewhere.
I would expect have expected the last two to come up if you switched the key to on while the last 2 above were still disconnected. They should clear when reconnected when the STPS was plugged back into place, and the immobliser ring receiver put back on.

The C14 one would indicate that it out of the calibrated zone of voltages allowed by the ECU setting, otherwise it should not be alarming.

Cain, are you using a Woolich software package ? Could it be that you are seeing the historical event record rather than the current record, that remain's unless cleared ?

Rob.
post #6 of 21 Old 09-14-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
C14 - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C29 - SECONDARY THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C42 - IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL

The larger font above is from a C & P from elsewhere.
I would expect have expected the last two to come up if you switched the key to on while the last 2 above were still disconnected. They should clear when reconnected when the STPS was plugged back into place, and the immobliser ring receiver put back on.

The C14 one would indicate that it out of the calibrated zone of voltages allowed by the ECU setting, otherwise it should not be alarming.

Cain, are you using a Woolich software package ? Could it be that you are seeing the historical event record rather than the current record, that remain's unless cleared ?

Rob.
Thanks Rob.

I can only see the codes when i put it in dealer mode, this may be displaying past codes.
I attempted to start the bike with the tp sensor harness connected, not sure why it would throw a code as the lead should continue the loop.
While doing this i had to disconnect the STP to get access to the tps adjustment screw hence the c29.

I watched Pauls TPS adjustment video and i'm not sure how he started the bike with it disconnected, or maybe he disconnected while it was already
running, mine wouldn't start at all.

The procedure in the manual only requires the ignition to be on. I checked TPS, it and it was at 1.09
The manual states normal range of 1.10 to 1.14, Paul recommended 1.13
I'll set it at that today without the need to run the bike.

It's confusing as the constant flashing FI light was already there due to the code c46 exhaust valve, that i removed.
I'm riding it into the tuners this week, hopefully the woolich software can clear the codes.
If not i'll take it to my dealer and get them to clear it.

I have a 2 1/2 hour ride to the tuners and didn't want to risk anything. I can't see there being any mechanical issue despite the codes.
With everything connected again the bike runs fine.

post #7 of 21 Old 09-15-2019, 01:04 AM

Hi Cain,
With my limited experience with the secondary TPS, the job that it does is to check for the correct operation of the STVA, the butterfly vane actuator motor that the ECU controls by itself. Your wrist controls the primary throttle body vane.
As far as I can tell there is no strict voltage range like the Primary Sensor, it's like more like the vane did move when told to move from open to shut and back again and report back that voltage for the ECU to compare.

C29 should be harder to bring up unless the harness is not fully clipped back in or the stepper actuator is at fail which is unlikely.
These things self check and reset when the ignition is first switched on and and speedo head does its thing.
When I set my TPS on the 1000 via -C00 in 2016, I fully removed the Sec TPS from the shaft (by error) and it is keyed with 2 flat sides so it really only goes on one way if you don't fiddle with the mating sensor middle shaft area.

Rob.
post #8 of 21 Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Hi Cain,
With my limited experience with the secondary TPS, the job that it does is to check for the correct operation of the STVA, the butterfly vane actuator motor that the ECU controls by itself. Your wrist controls the primary throttle body vane.
As far as I can tell there is no strict voltage range like the Primary Sensor, it's like more like the vane did move when told to move from open to shut and back again and report back that voltage for the ECU to compare.

C29 should be harder to bring up unless the harness is not fully clipped back in or the stepper actuator is at fail which is unlikely.
These things self check and reset when the ignition is first switched on and and speedo head does its thing.
When I set my TPS on the 1000 via -C00 in 2016, I fully removed the Sec TPS from the shaft (by error) and it is keyed with 2 flat sides so it really only goes on one way if you don't fiddle with the mating sensor middle shaft area.

Rob.
I am sensing that the codes I see in dealer mode are past codes as the bike wouldn't even start or run without tps or stp sensors working.

The manual does state a specific voltage range for the tp sensor for both open and closed throttle, I've now moved it from 1.09 to 1.13.

I'll ride it tomorrow and report back.

post #9 of 21 Old 09-16-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainus83;394176[B
]I am sensing that the codes I see in dealer mode are past codes [/B]<<snipped>>

I'll ride it tomorrow and report back.
Sorry Cain,
Dealer mode, please explain what you are referring to.
The History code list is not readable or re settable via the mode with the single wire or paperclip shorting across the white plug terminals.
I would refer to "Dealer Mode" as using Woollich type Software or the old Suzuki SDS box.

Rob.

Last edited by Slower and Slower; 09-16-2019 at 03:09 AM.
post #10 of 21 Old 09-16-2019, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Sorry Cain,
Dealer mode, please explain what you are referring to.
The History code list is not readable or re settable via the mode with the single wire or paperclip shorting across the white plug terminals.
I would refer to "Dealer Mode" as using Woollich type Software or the old Suzuki SDS box.

Rob.
Apologies, i guess you could called it basic diagnostics (wire across terminals).

Codes are still showing. I rode it a little over 80 kilometres today, mixture of highway and city and some serious speed thrown in.
I'll have it in the shop to be woolich tuned on Wednesday, i'm not worried about the codes for now.
I'm satisfied after the ride today that all things considered, it's running pretty well considering it still has stock fuel map.
220 kilometres ride to the tuner, i think the ride home will be even more enjoyable
Slower and Slower likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page