User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-10-2016, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone running Q3's ?

Have started to look into the tire thing for when the inevitable happens and i wear out the D214's ... I'm happy to keep a reasonably sporty tire on the bike as while its costly it makes for fun riding! For some reason we seem to get great deals on Q3's pop up from time to time here in AUS (thinking dunlop wants to buy back some market share from michelin and pirelli). Have been running Q3's on the wife's 675 for a year or two now and they suit that machine great!

So i'm wondering if there's any first hand experience out there with Q3 on the gsxs which can be shared? Thanks!
post #2 of 5 Old 04-12-2016, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm on my 2nd set of Q3 tyres on my GSX-S, changed the originals at 4,400 km for a set of Q3's in the standard sizes then went for a 70km ride to scrub them in then off to Phillip Island for a track day. Got the next pair of Q3's at 8,600 km then loaded the bike in the van and off to Phillip Island again for another track day. Noticed when lubing the chain when I was back home after Phillip Island that the left bead on the rear tyre didn't seem to be seated properly so took the wheel off and brought it in to the bike shop to get it sorted. They rang me after refitting the tyre which didn't fix the issue and had contacted Dunlop who agreed to replace the tyre as it had a "stretched bead". I've now got 10,800 km on the bike I'm happy with grip, feel and quick warm up of the tyres but would probably go for something different next set as the bloke in the bike shop said the he's seen a few quality issues with Q3's. The BMW S1000RR hire bikes at Phillip Island track days run Q3's and the don't put tyre warmers on them.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-12-2016, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks russ... Great info ... I might consider them if dont have the coin for rosso's or the like at the time ... The stretched bead sounds a bit scary but hopefully just an isolated defect!

post #4 of 5 Old 04-12-2016, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
I came across this review when I was looking to find rubber for my bike.
I thought it made quite an interesting read.
Then I watched the Buttonwillow vid and thought if the Q3s are better than that they must be fantastic

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...n-a-dunlop-q3/

Pull my finger
post #5 of 5 Old 04-12-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks beaker.... Looks like I'll add them to the list too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page