• 3 Post By Miklos86

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-11-2019, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SW Blaze saddle bags

Hi all. Has anyone got pictures of the SW motech blaze panniers on their bike that has a R&G tail tidy fitted with stock indicators. Iím looking at getting a set of the bags for an upcoming trip and donít want to spend money on it if itís not going to fit
Thanks in advance.
G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2 of 8 Old 02-24-2019, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry for the late reply, I'm not really active. There are a few pictures of mine. The bags are not expanded on any of the pictures,for 3-day trips they were enough standard. On the second pic the bags needed some tightening.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Beaker, Gnomie and Gsxsfan like this.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-25-2019, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
what did you use between the bags and the tails plastic to not have the bags rivers eat away the paint/plastic? They have a clear sheet but I was thinking of using a tank protector like the snakeskin pads to protect it. I can put the snakeskin on the bag instead of on the tail.

post #4 of 8 Old 03-04-2019, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just installed them this weekend, I can not really say about how they work because I just installed them and didn't really test them...

In my case, I'm a bit worried about the blinkers, as there is contact between them and the bags... I might have to change them...
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-03-04_10h27_02.png (867.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-03-04_10h26_40.jpg (91.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-03-04_10h26_27.jpg (117.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2019-03-04_11h28_33.jpg (92.3 KB, 35 views)
post #5 of 8 Old 03-07-2019, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangedegsx View Post
what did you use between the bags and the tails plastic to not have the bags rivers eat away the paint/plastic? They have a clear sheet but I was thinking of using a tank protector like the snakeskin pads to protect it. I can put the snakeskin on the bag instead of on the tail.
I already had 3M protective film on the plastics. SW Motech supplies the same with the bag. I'm using this setup maybe twice a year - with two little kids I'm not touring a lot - so it should be enough.

post #6 of 8 Old 03-07-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklos86 View Post
I already had 3M protective film on the plastics. SW Motech supplies the same with the bag. I'm using this setup maybe twice a year - with two little kids I'm not touring a lot - so it should be enough.

I was worried since i noticed the bags rivets sat right on the edge of the plastic thus digging into it with the roads vibrations.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-02-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangedegsx View Post
I don't think that would work. Just thinking about it logically, anything rubbing on the paint (even snakeskin) would tend to rub it off. Putting the protectant on the paint itself would provide a barrier to anything rubbing against it. You'll have to adhere it to the actual bodywork. Personally I'm going to try the film that came with the bags but I've heard it doesn't stick well so probably going to go with 3M.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-04-2019, 10:06 AM

I see your point and I agree. Yes the 3M might be a better solution on the bodywork directly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page