LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1101 of 1153 Old 07-22-2019, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXS-NH View Post
Just had to do it:

Corbin Seat - color coordinated. (Saddleman for Sale).

Shogun Frame Sliders.
Powerbronze windscreen.
Puig Hypernaked Mirrors.
Can you post pics/details on the Saddleman for sale?
post #1102 of 1153 Old 07-23-2019, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post

Rapido.

They are listed in the classified forum with pictures.
Thx.
post #1103 of 1153 Old 07-23-2019, 01:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
I too sold my Saddleman because I found it too grippy. I like to move around side-to-side. Otherwise perfect. I've been riding the stocker - which is pretty good - but it rolls my hips forward and I find my huevos mashed against the tank. What is the material of the cover like on the Corbin?

Vinyl with benefit of Corbin Comfort. Also not as "sticky" as Saddleman. Does change the riding posture a bit as seat is a bit higher - so legs are a bit straighter. I rolled my handlebars closer to the seat and now really like the comfort, control and looks. Taking it on an 800 mile ride mid August - will get a good feel for it then.
lost likes this.

post #1104 of 1153 Old 07-23-2019, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXS-NH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
I too sold my Saddleman because I found it too grippy. I like to move around side-to-side. Otherwise perfect. I've been riding the stocker - which is pretty good - but it rolls my hips forward and I find my huevos mashed against the tank. What is the material of the cover like on the Corbin?

Vinyl with benefit of Corbin Comfort. Also not as "sticky" as Saddleman. Does change the riding posture a bit as seat is a bit higher - so legs are a bit straighter. I rolled my handlebars closer to the seat and now really like the comfort, control and looks. Taking it on an 800 mile ride mid August - will get a good feel for it then.
Just ordered my corbin with the optional backrest upholstered in the carbon fiber vinyl. Costs an arm and a leg to purchase and ship to Australia but you can't put a price on comfort. What number did you set your bars to? Was thinking of adjusting mine also.

When life throws you curves, lean into them.
post #1105 of 1153 Old 07-23-2019, 07:18 PM

Garage
Rolled to 1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2068.JPG (89.0 KB, 20 views)
post #1106 of 1153 Old 07-23-2019, 07:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post

Pictures from today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saddleman - Bottom.JPG (91.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Saddleman - Top.JPG (269.7 KB, 14 views)
post #1107 of 1153 Old 07-23-2019, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Got the air box mod done last night and honestly was expecting some kind of change in intake noise, oh well. Noticed that the intake stacks are all same height (about 67mm and 58mm in diameter) and a bit sloppy installation with a couple of the ports slightly turned to the side. Also, I found that the center part of the filter was more dirty than the rest of the surface - due to being directly inline with the hole in the restriction(?) plate. Hopefully it will get some even wear now after the plate removal.

Anyway, the ECU flash that I got done last week is awesome!! It is like riding a different bike - so smooth throttle response and so easy to hold it through turns. Pair valve is disabled, but I can still hear a slight gurgle on deceleration and I like it. Its worth getting the throttle response corrected as it makes the bike so enjoyable to ride.
lost likes this.
post #1108 of 1153 Old 07-23-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar2 View Post
Got the air box mod done last night and honestly was expecting some kind of change in intake noise, oh well. Noticed that the intake stacks are all same height (about 67mm and 58mm in diameter) and a bit sloppy installation with a couple of the ports slightly turned to the side. Also, I found that the center part of the filter was more dirty than the rest of the surface - due to being directly inline with the hole in the restriction(?) plate. Hopefully it will get some even wear now after the plate removal.

Anyway, the ECU flash that I got done last week is awesome!! It is like riding a different bike - so smooth throttle response and so easy to hold it through turns. Pair valve is disabled, but I can still hear a slight gurgle on deceleration and I like it. Its worth getting the throttle response corrected as it makes the bike so enjoyable to ride.
Glad to hear you improved the throttle. Did you do the Dano flash or another tuner?

Was also hoping for more induction noise with the plate removed. Sounds like it's still worth doing.

post #1109 of 1153 Old 07-24-2019, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
I returned the 750's rear shock to stock again. The bottom 10mm self locking nut feature is worn, needing replacement. though the top one is fine.
The shim's just proved the compression stock is far too harsh, but the spring is fine more or less on settings 1 -4.

Found that a lambswool single seat cover in the cupboard from my long gone T955 Triumph Daytona that with a stretch fits the seat of the 750.
Bit tight against the tank centre area, so I hope the paint will be OK. It makes the ride height feel a fair bit higher.
Test ride tomorrow, and the tyre pressure set to 36 from 42 PSI. I didn't feel any benefit to this when new, but after 1400 km who knows ?

Rob.
post #1110 of 1153 Old 07-24-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower and Slower View Post
I returned the 750's rear shock to stock again. The bottom 10mm self locking nut feature is worn, needing replacement. though the top one is fine.
The shim's just proved the compression stock is far too harsh, but the spring is fine more or less on settings 1 -4.

Found that a lambswool single seat cover in the cupboard from my long gone T955 Triumph Daytona that with a stretch fits the seat of the 750.
Bit tight against the tank centre area, so I hope the paint will be OK. It makes the ride height feel a fair bit higher.
Test ride tomorrow, and the tyre pressure set to 36 from 42 PSI. I didn't feel any benefit to this when new, but after 1400 km who knows ?

Rob.
Sounds like the 750 suffers the same rear shock woes as the 1000.
I guess for the money we can't expect ohlins, for that you pay $10k more.
I'm sure there are some decent options for the 750 out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page