• 1 Post By ESXB0Y

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-17-2016, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Small Enhancements

Ok, so I already did the tail tidy and scott oiler, so I picked up a fender extender and radiator cover and a pair of sliders. Tried fitting the fender extender and I will need to take the front wheel off, and to take the front wheel off I need to remove the brake callipers too - does that sound right or have I missed something? And of course to do that I need to support the bike too - so I have ordered a 1Jac but I wanted one of these anyway.

Am also gonna have to remove the front side panels to fit the radiator cover - hate messing with the plastic, especially the rivet style fasteners as there is always the chance that something will break.
post #2 of 7 Old 07-17-2016, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Garage
Calipers and wheel comes off to remove front guard.
If you have a naked then rad cover can be bolted on by going through the little gap in the plastics. Not sure about the F version.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-17-2016, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
If I recall from reading the manual (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE guys) you need to remember to remove the speed sensor too before you touch the wheel or calipers?

chr1s likes this.

2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S
2016 Suzuki GSXS-1000
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
2007 Honda CBR600RR
2007 Hyosung GT250R

post #4 of 7 Old 07-18-2016, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys - there's a manual??
post #5 of 7 Old 07-18-2016, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
I'm just reading from the owners manual. Service manual is a purchasable option, no free download sources as yet.

I might buy the electronic version and post it up if nothing shows up soon.

post #6 of 7 Old 07-19-2016, 02:56 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanraynor View Post
Ok, so I already did the tail tidy and scott oiler, so I picked up a fender extender and radiator cover and a pair of sliders. Tried fitting the fender extender and I will need to take the front wheel off, and to take the front wheel off I need to remove the brake callipers too - does that sound right or have I missed something? And of course to do that I need to support the bike too - so I have ordered a 1Jac but I wanted one of these anyway.

Am also gonna have to remove the front side panels to fit the radiator cover - hate messing with the plastic, especially the rivet style fasteners as there is always the chance that something will break.
Which version of the 1jac did you order. I've looked at these before but the website doesnt list our bike specifically..
post #7 of 7 Old 07-23-2016, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I rang them and placed the order over the phone, having already emailed and received a response with a photo of the GSX S1000 (in blue - didn't they have any red ones in stock??) hoisted up. Had to have one. Arrived. Fitted. Epic. There are pics on their [1Jac] Facebook page. I was initially a little freaked - to fit the lifting lug we have to reverse the engine mounting bolt then replace the nut with the lifting lug supplied with the kit. But you can't then refit the original nut and I wasn't sure I liked that. But another call confirmed thats ok. Very happy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page