Bobbins and radiator guard - Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum
User Tag List

 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-15-2017, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Karup
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bobbins and radiator guard

As always good quality and service from R&G.
m0bnd, Bulle and mike d like this.

Last edited by 30778; 10-04-2017 at 11:51 AM.
30778 is offline  
post #2 of 11 Old 07-15-2017, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
TheDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
R&G is quality. I had an R&G rad guard on my R1, but it required zip ties for mounting. Did your Radiator guard use zip ties for mounting? I prefer Evotech (no zip ties), both are made in the UK. Are you going to get frame and axle sliders by R&G?
mike d likes this.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only


2017 R6-Blue/Black
TheDude is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 07-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Zak
Senior Member
 
Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mid Devon
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK71 View Post
As always good quality and service from R&G.
Have the same on mine, no complaints
30778 likes this.

GSX-S1000 Red/Black naked
Zak is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 07-15-2017, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Karup
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
R&G is quality. I had an R&G rad guard on my R1, but it required zip ties for mounting. Did your Radiator guard use zip ties for mounting? I prefer Evotech (no zip ties), both are made in the UK. Are you going to get frame and axle sliders by R&G?
I will probably get their sliders as well. I bought R&G parts for my previous MT-09, FZ-1 and my wife´s MT-07. Always solid stuff and prompt service.
No zip ties involved. This one is fixed along with the radiator middle bottom. And at the two "plastic button clips" ( don´t know the right term ) top/sides. They are replaced with screws.
Very easy to install. Took around 10 minutes.

By the way...i got a quick reply from Curveygirl.com about the brake pads. They will pick it up, when they are back. ( From vacation, i suppose )
I did some fiddeling with the new levers yesterday and managed to improve the feeling with the Brembos.
TheDude likes this.
30778 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 07-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
TheDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Glad to hear it. R&G makes some nice stuff! Yeah KG is out of the office until late this month I believe.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only


2017 R6-Blue/Black
TheDude is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 07-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Member
 
KiwiJaZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Wainuiomata, New Zealand
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK71 View Post
I will probably get their sliders as well. I bought R&G parts for my previous MT-09, FZ-1 and my wife´s MT-07. Always solid stuff and prompt service.
No zip ties involved. This one is fixed along with the radiator middle bottom. And at the two "plastic button clips" ( don´t know the right term ) top/sides. They are replaced with screws.
Very easy to install. Took around 10 minutes.

By the way...i got a quick reply from Curveygirl.com about the brake pads. They will pick it up, when they are back. ( From vacation, i suppose )
I did some fiddeling with the new levers yesterday and managed to improve the feeling with the Brembos.
Forget the R&G Rear axle sliders - flawed design and a real PITA to fit
chicken_george and 30778 like this.
KiwiJaZ is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 07-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
I went with the Evotech radiator guard. Easy mounting (no zip ties) and provides coverage to the side tanks. It also looks like it will allow plenty of air flow. Some of the laser cut designs i see for our bikes on Ebay look look like they will inhibit air flow.

The only thing I don't like about the Evotech is price. $115 is a lot of dough for a perforated piece of fitted aluminum, but I am satisfied with my purchase. I feel good knowing my expensive radiator has proper protection from damage and it looks good too.

For bobbins i used black Delrin bobbin/sliders from Kraton. I like them because they wont get marred by the paddock stand like anodized aluminum bobbins can.
Supercharger is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 07-17-2017, 12:13 AM
Member
 
chicken_george's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJaZ View Post
Forget the R&G Rear axle sliders - flawed design and a real PITA to fit
I second that, complete waste of money. And I've emailed them twice and got no response.

I'll not be purchasing any other R&G products in the future.

chicken george
chicken_george is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 07-17-2017, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
TheDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_george View Post
I second that, complete waste of money. And I've emailed them twice and got no response.

I'll not be purchasing any other R&G products in the future.

chicken george
Go with Evotech man. I deal with Garry. He always gives me free shipping and a discount. And I live in the US. Fast prompt shipping as well.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only


2017 R6-Blue/Black
TheDude is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 07-17-2017, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Karup
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Got my rimstripes today...for some reason, the colour combination reminds me of an old coffee commercial.

Last edited by 30778; 10-04-2017 at 11:50 AM.
30778 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome