• 2 Post By stina

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-14-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SW Motech Luggage

Hi all . Been getting gear together for my upcoming Isle Of Man trip in June . Doing it a bit at a time , camping gear , ferry crossing , camp site ect . I had the tank bag from my K5 , the tail pack i bought this week with the proviso i could return it if it was too big for the bike . Its only stuffed with pillows to hold aits shape in the pictures and perched on the rear seat , but with the addition of a renntec grab rail ( ordered ) to secure it to i think its going to work well , 50 litre main bag , 20 litre tent bag on top , and 14/20 litre tank bag . Also spoke to the guys at the dealer about me fitting PC5 and black widdow headers and they're going to custom map it . Right then , more overtime !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luggage.jpg (470.3 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg Luggage 2.jpg (168.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Luggage 3.jpg (477.1 KB, 93 views)
Beaker and Mattie like this.
post #2 of 9 Old 01-14-2018, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Coming along nicely. But tell me, did you speak to guys about getting a rear stand lol.

The Dude Abides and Rides:
2017 Suzuki GSX-R 1000-Blue

Track only

2017 R6-Blue/Black
post #3 of 9 Old 01-14-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
😀😀 I keep thinking about picking one up , but I've used that method for years and I can get it on the axle stands so easy on my own , ( line one side up , push it towards that side , while lifting under seat and tap this side in with toe . ) now the secrets out they'll be all over the MotoGP paddoc ! 😀

post #4 of 9 Old 01-14-2018, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
That's the SW-Motech cargo bag isn't it? You don't need grab rails to keep it down. It tethers down perfectly using the passenger pegs and plate/blinker tail piece. ... oh wait... you have tidy tail. It still might work. I don't and it anchors very securely.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-15-2018, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Your probably right . It'll anchor down quite well . But with the grab rail it'll give me an upstand behind the bag and a bit more lateral support under it . I'll post a pic when it turned up 😀
post #6 of 9 Old 01-15-2018, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
You can also post stuff to the campsite - I stayed at Silly Moos.

I sent the big sleeping bag and inflatable pillow by post to the campsite. Also included another postal bag and some tape, so as to have a postal bag ready addressed to send it home. Depends what time your ferry leaves on your last day - but plenty of people do it.

The Motech looks good - I have a similar looking but smaller/cheaper version - but not used it for camping trips yet. But definitely looking at the same setup as you - maybe a Rentec wrack to put the tent roll on.

Looks good.

(quick hotel trip soon after buying the bike )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bike with luggage.jpg (770.0 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by Mattie; 01-15-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: clarification
post #7 of 9 Old 01-15-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Going on 3rd June ( mad Sunday ) but can't get back till following Monday , I do have the offer of the boss's mate taking a bag for me , I might use that offer to get some souvenirs back . Just trying to be as self reliant as I can for worse case scenario . I did wonder about the renntec rack but trying to keep the weight within the wheelbase . The tail pack on yours looks very similar to mine without the tent bag . Looking forward to the trip , starting to feel real now 😬
post #8 of 9 Old 01-16-2018, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I bet you are looking forward to it ! - boat tickets are like gold dust !

I went last year on my old CBR Fireblade - I would have the suspension fettled a bit next time, as the Isle of Man can be quite bumpy (more than I am used to) and also travelling at a fair pace in places.

JHS Racing in Bristol do a static suspension setup for about £40. They adjust the damping and rebound settings, back and front. It might be worth having that looked at 'cause it is a bit bumpy in the Isle of Man and you could be travelling a bit quick at times (no speed limits in a lot of places ).

Not jealous at all !
post #9 of 9 Old 01-16-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I've wanted to go for years , then I realised the only thing stopping me was me ! My husband said just go , he's into bikes but not so much racing , so I'm doing it !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page