5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-15-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pcv + k&n

Hi all fitted K&N and power commander to my 2017 phantom model Sunday . Already has yoshi R11 can . Used standard map for now as when finances allow gonna go for headers and decat , then get a custom map made . Pulled the baffle from the air box while I was in there , read pros and cons , I'll be happy if it makes it growl a little more ! As I got done it pissed down right on que so road test ll have to wait till coming weekend . It did sound and respond noticeably better to the throttle on starting , warming up . Very easy fit well made for anyone thinking of doing it . I'll report back after test .
Stina
Beaker likes this.
post #2 of 16 Old 03-24-2018, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok , got to take it out today . It was running great and felt good for the first 5 miles or so , then I looked down at about 70 and the engine light was on and Fi was flashing . Bike still sounded and ran sweet . I just kept going and left it at the dealers , they're gonna look at it Monday . Seems strange how it was ok for a while , they said it may not be related to the pcv . Any ideas ?
post #3 of 16 Old 03-24-2018, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
Maybe you forgot to re-connect one of the plugs around the air box or an issue with the connection of the O2 eliminator plug the comes with the PCv, just thoughts. If you still had the bike you could have bridged the service plug and posted up the fault code on here and got an answer to the problem area from the fault codes listed in my service manual.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)

Last edited by lee711; 03-24-2018 at 12:04 PM.

post #4 of 16 Old 03-24-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah I agree with that , but what was gonna be a test just to confirm all ok turned into a head scratcher , as I was a couple miles off the dealer I didn't want to shut it off and risk it not going again . So I left it with them as its still under warrantee , dragged the old man out for a lift home and I'll have to wait and see . Seems strange as the traction control seemed to be doing its own thing as I got there too ! The real heart ache is that I was talking to the sales man there that I px 'd my k5 with and they dyno' it for the new owner at 179 wheel Hp ! Never did wanna sell it , just too crippled up for a sports bike now 😉
post #5 of 16 Old 03-26-2018, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Had this same fault when i fitted my quickshifter, fi light came on after a couple of miles traction went crazy. disconnected battery again reconnected and its been fine ever since, just a thought

post #6 of 16 Old 03-28-2018, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Picked it up yesterday after shifting things around to make time . Got told they checked the pcv fitment all ok and the code related to the tank being removed (it hasn't ) and they'd ridden it 10 miles all ok . 5
Miles into ride home and light back on . Its with them again and I'm not overly impressed . I reckon they did no more than clear the code and send it back out !
post #7 of 16 Old 05-01-2018, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Update . The dealer fitted another o2 eliminater under instruction from dynojet uk . This was about 3 weeks ago . The light and code stayed off all the way home . I rode it to work next day as I had little faith in it . Sure enough it came back on , so back to dealer on way home . It was giving a fuel trim code . So we spoke to dynojet and they admitt to having trouble with late 2017 & 18 bikes . They leased with dynojet America and sent me an o2 optimiser as oppose to eliminater . Took about 2 weeks in which time I just disconnected the pcv and ran it as standard . Fitted it all up Friday nite when I had the eliminater and rode it 200 miles Saturday with no issues , it's more of the bike I was hoping for now . Expensive fix for dynojet , they are aware of a problem fitting pcv and o2 eliminater !
post #8 of 16 Old 05-05-2018, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Do you have part number for optimizer?

GSX S1000, PC5, AT-200, POD-300, TWO BROTHERS OFF 2009 GSXR-1000, HEALTECH EXHAUST SERVO ELIMINATOR, PAIR VALVE BLOCK OFF WITH HEALTECH PAIR VALVE ELIMINATOR,HEALTECH XTRE, O2 MOD, BMC, AIR BOX MOD, MRA
2015 FZ09
2013 GSXR 1000
2009 GSXR 1000
2005 GSXR 1000
2003 GSXR 1000
2002 GSXR 600
1993 GSXR 1100
1993 KATANA 600
1989 GSXR 1100
post #9 of 16 Old 05-07-2018, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Installed a throttle tamer and took the slack out of the throttle cable.

Holy crap. Completely different bike. I liked it before, but now its amazing. My throttle wasn't in the "terrible" category for snatchiness, but it was noticeable. Now? It feels like my BMW. Linear throttle, no issues with 20-40mph corners, just so much more stable.

Oh, and I fitted a Nelson Rigg tail/seatbag for my commute.
post #10 of 16 Old 05-08-2018, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogsxs1000! View Post
Do you have part number for optimizer?
Hi sorry no I don't . But ring dynojet uk and explain what's going on they're aware of the issue with late 17 /18 model bikes .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page