LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-06-2016, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dunlop Roadsmart tyres.

Anyone used the Roadsmart range?

Opinions or best to stick to the PR4s for high mileage and good traction?
post #2 of 6 Old 04-07-2016, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Have had them on my SV1000, CBR1000rr, Tuono v4. I have not had any issues with them, great for commuting with harder compound middle band and soft on the shoulders for fun times, have used them for track days too, so will be fitting them to the S1000 when the time comes.
Jimmy likes this.

We're here for a good time, not a long time. (woolich, PCv, K&N, T-Rex, HM plus SS)
post #3 of 6 Old 04-07-2016, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
I've always been a PR man. I might look at the Dunlops, depending on the price in Australia. This page has an interesting comparison chart of price vs. performance.

Sport Touring Motorcycle Tire/Tyre Rankings
Jimmy and Rhino like this.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-09-2016, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Anyone used the Roadsmart range?

Opinions or best to stick to the PR4s for high mileage and good traction?
hi i am in perth as well, i got 3100k's from OEM rear tyre. 2000k's of that at Barbagallo race way. They only sell Dunlops at the ride day providers i use, so fitted a roadsmart, that tyre has only been used at the track , 1500k's later still good, won't get 2000k out of it though, simply because there are 6 RHS corners and only 1 left, the RHS goes bald with tons of tread still in centre and left side. I like them, great grip for a street tyre , and would be fine for everyday use , you would get a **** of a lot more k's from them in normal use. If you don't ride hard there are tons of good tyres around that will give ok grip and loads of k's. But it's bloody hot here most of the time so the tyres that suit rainy cold countries may not be great here.One friend uses some chinese rubbish on his triumph , why cos they're cheap , sure are but i rode his bike one day and they are CRAP, good tyres are all very similar price, just try them and see what suits you.I am a Dunlop fan. Gee those 4 * up above are censoring out the word that starts with H and is the opposite of heaven. wonder what will happen if i try a **** yeah
Jimmy likes this.

Last edited by 4tune8; 04-09-2016 at 04:57 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-09-2016, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies. I'll give the Roadsmart 3 a go. They seem to get a good write up in the press. However, I guess it will come down to what they have at Tyres for Bikes when I ring up!

It will be mostly commuting from now on. So easy days for the tyres and the bike!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-09-2016, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll give the Roadsmart 3 a go. They seem to get a good write up in the press. However, I guess it will come down to what they have at Tyres for Bikes when I ring up!

It will be mostly commuting from now on. So easy days for the tyres and the bike!
if commuting buy whatever is the cheapest on special from your supplier coz the premium you pay for performance tyres will be a waste of money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page