8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 03-06-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
List of Mods So Far

Have had my 2016 naked for over a year now Have done several mods If any of these seem cool feel free to ask questions on install or my experience with them Pics to follow...eventually
Here we go: LED style 3 front/rear signals..Power commander 5 with custom map.... carbon fiber rear fender front fender belly pan tail piece and nose piece...Pazzo clutch/brake levers...CRG lane splitter mirror.. lightech axle sliders.. frame sliders ... lightech chain adjusters... Q3 Plus tires 120/70 190/50 zr17 ... driven halo gas cap... yoshimura alpha signature slip on... black widow full race headers... ebcHH sintered brakes... spiegler steel braided brake lines back/front... motul brake fluid... K&N oil/air filter.. HYperoPro progressive rear shock spring.... carbon fiber seat cover.. Supersprox stealth gold 46 tooth rear sprocket.. 16 tooth steel front sprocket.. DID gx 525 pitch chain gold... LED relay for hyperflash problem... Rear brake light strobe... Yoshimura tail tidy LED version.. exhaust valve servo delete (electronic).. I have removed CAT converter entirely along with O2 sensor ... Removed stock exhaust valve actuator completely... switched to GP shifting... replaced heavy lead battery with Lithium Ion battery.. wired digital volt meter as well as battery charger quick connector..
CtrlU and mike d like this.
post #2 of 21 Old 03-06-2019, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
OP, I have toyed with the idea of starting a thread like you just did, all the accessories that I have added, so that I get some recognition for all the effort and time/money spent, then I thought "naaah" what's the point, not sure others would find it interesting, maybe like bragging.

Modding our bikes should be for personal gratification, the enjoyment of "tinkering" in the garage and making the bike our own "masterpiece", and a better performing machine overall.

Long time senior Forum member Phuket Paul has done every mod possible and then some, and even built his own informational website to share with all of us.

But I must say, nice mods, congratulations! Your bike sounds like it's bad ass! Let's see some pics!
PhuketPaul and CtrlU like this.

Last edited by Rapido1; 03-06-2019 at 09:08 PM.
post #3 of 21 Old 03-06-2019, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnm666 View Post
Have had my 2016 naked for over a year now Have done several mods If any of these seem cool feel free to ask questions on install or my experience with them Pics to follow...eventually
Here we go: yoshimura alpha signature slip on... black widow full race headers... exhaust valve servo delete (electronic).. I have removed CAT converter entirely along with O2 sensor ... Removed stock exhaust valve actuator completely...
Interested in how you did the above.....you replaced your headers with Black Widow headers AND removed the cat AND removed the stock exhaust Valve.....

Last edited by PhuketPaul; 03-06-2019 at 09:23 PM.

post #4 of 21 Old 03-06-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
replaced heavy lead battery with Lithium Ion battery.. wired digital volt meter as well as battery charger quick connector..
You probably know already, but LiFe batteries require a special charger. I have a Shorai and I love the weight saving, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on an LiPo charger. A standard charger will work if only charged for a very short time and can damage the battery. A LiFe will hold charge for much longer and a charger is probably unnecessary.
I no longer keep my bike on a charger over winter, and so far 2x winters and not a problem. Even after 3, 4 weeks it kicks over like the day I last started it.
Now I've jinxed myself.
oldjackbob likes this.
post #5 of 21 Old 03-06-2019, 11:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Quote:
replaced heavy lead battery with Lithium Ion battery.. wired digital volt meter as well as battery charger quick connector..
You probably know already, but LiFe batteries require a special charger. I have a Shorai and I love the weight saving, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on an LiPo charger, winters and not a problem. Even after 3, 4 weeks it kicks over like the day I last started it.
I've got a lithium battery on mine, 700grams instead of over 3Kg but ih has built in circuitry so it can be charged by a conventional battery charger
mike d likes this.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-06-2019, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketPaul View Post
I've got a lithium battery on mine, 700grams instead of over 3Kg but ih has built in circuitry so it can be charged by a conventional battery charger
Lithium batteries is a pretty generic term, but most MC Li batteries are LiFe because of it's ability to hold charge and a lot of other good characteristics. I can't remember the exact weight of mine, but I remember I saved 4.7lbs.
What battery do you have?
post #7 of 21 Old 03-07-2019, 04:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
Lithium batteries is a pretty generic term, but most MC Li batteries are LiFe because of it's ability to hold charge and a lot of other good characteristics. I can't remember the exact weight of mine, but I remember I saved 4.7lbs.
What battery do you have?
Wstandard and saved 3KG or 6.6lbs

03-W-STANDARD Motorcycle lithium battery WEX2R12-MF Start the power supply 12Ah - WEX2 12Ah - LITHIUM BATTERIES

post #8 of 21 Old 03-07-2019, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Not bragging. I like to wrench on my bikes. Thought this list might be helpful for fellow wrenchers or if they had questions on how I did them and subsequently how they worked out. Nothing more
post #9 of 21 Old 03-07-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have a specialized Li battery charger.
post #10 of 21 Old 03-07-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido1 View Post
OP, I have toyed with the idea of starting a thread like you just did, all the accessories that I have added, so that I get some recognition for all the effort and time/money spent, then I thought "naaah" what's the point, not sure others would find it interesting, maybe like bragging.

Modding our bikes should be for personal gratification, the enjoyment of "tinkering" in the garage and making the bike our own "masterpiece", and a better performing machine overall.

Long time senior Forum member Phuket Paul has done every mod possible and then some, and even built his own informational website to share with all of us.

But I must say, nice mods, congratulations! Your bike sounds like it's bad ass! Let's see some pics!
Not bragging. I like to wrench on my bikes. Thought this list might be helpful for fellow wrenchers or if they had questions on how I did them and subsequently how they worked out. Nothing more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki GSXS1000 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page