GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excellent choice! Got mine 2 weeks ago, still running in but 600 mile service booked next Thursday.
Was it a pre-reg from Millennium?

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking bike, not seen many white F's in the UK and wow, leathers to match. (y)

Reactions: Juels1000F

·
Registered
11 Posts
Black/blue as in my profile pic 👍

How are you getting on with running in? Still pretty nippy up to 5k but looking forward to ‘seeing what it will do’ 🤣

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice colour. Like the Oxford tailback. Have the same on my bike. Don’t think you’ll have the same problem as I, judging from the photo. But I’ve found my tail pack tends to rest against the back of my jacket unless I really shove it way back on the passenger seat. It causes me to feel every bump coming through the rear shock. Just keep that in mind if your back also rests against it and you wonder why the ride doesn’t seem that smooth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Black/blue as in my profile pic 👍

How are you getting on with running in? Still pretty nippy up to 5k but looking forward to ‘seeing what it will do’ 🤣
I did over 200 miles Sunday and having had GIXERs before noticed the throttle being jerky not smooth like the Gixer? I believe having read on its an issue with the bikes you’re probably not noticing it? Or are you? 😎

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did over 200 miles Sunday and having had GIXERs before noticed the throttle being jerky not smooth like the Gixer? I believe having read on its an issue with the bikes you’re probably not noticing it? Or are you? 😎
Yes, only slightly at low speed, but it doesn’t feel “on/off“ like the early versions of this bike supposedly suffered from. I’ve currently got a FJR1300 and had a K3 1000 a few years ago, so I’m used to a bit more smoothness!
Got 560 miles on now with service on Thursday .

·
Registered
274 Posts
You are right. Having owned 3 gsxr1000s I know what you’re talking about. This bike has two drawbacks. The rear shock, and the jerky fueling which appears to vary between different bikes.

After 5000 kilometres the fueling seems to have improved somewhat and the bikes about 95% of where it should be. To reduce snatch I personally run my chain on the tight end of the adjustment range, and reduce throttle slack to a minimum. This made a big difference and apart from ensuring I keep my throttle movements smooth, makes the bike much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, only slightly at low speed, but it doesn’t feel “on/off“ like the early versions of this bike supposedly suffered from. I’ve currently got a FJR1300 and had a K3 1000 a few years ago, so I’m used to a bit more smoothness!
Got 560 miles on now with service on Thursday .
‘Suzuki’ in my opinion should correct it by a recall I know it’s not dangerous but it’s not right! and shouldn’t be the owners responsibility 🥴

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was worse with the early 2015> models and Suzuki have made a few changes to try and address it - the 2018 onwards are meant to be ‘sorted‘. You should mention it when you have the first service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was worse with the early 2015> models and Suzuki have made a few changes to try and address it - the 2018 onwards are meant to be ‘sorted‘. You should mention it when you have the first service.
I believe so one reason I waited for this year’s model 😉. All in all I’m looking forward to zooming n putting lots of miles on it. I’ll mention at the next service. Cheers J❥

1 - 19 of 19 Posts