GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first time on this forum and I've got a question about the Dynojet 02 optimizer.

so I just picked up a PC5 and 02 optimizer for my 2019 gsxs1000 and took it to Suzuki to have it fitted, shortly after I had an engine management light come on. Apparently it was a 02 sensor fault basically the bike didn't like the optimizer. Dyno jet asked us to send it back so they could look at it because there was no real reason this should have happened. Has anyone had this problem? Also I'm currently using the bike with the power commander fitted but with no 02 optimizer...im told this is ok? I would have thought it would need the optimizer to run properly?

cheers
luke

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,458 Posts
There was a different optimizer from Dynojet after around 2016/2017 when Suzuki issued a revised ECU for early bikes that were having a surging problem at constant speed.
Your bike should have the later ECU and optimizer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ok interesting. Fingers crossed they will just send me out a new one that works Haha. So is it okay for me to run the PC5 without the 02 optimizer?
Cheers again 👍👍

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Depends on your mods and your base map really.
Once you get the optimiser back it will start adjusting itself to suit the bike but until then it will run on whatever map you have installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh okay cheers! I'm currently running one of the download slip on maps from Dynojet. I took the bike out for a spin today and noticed it was running pretty **** worse than stock. Hopefully the new optimizer will sort it all out 🤟

1 - 6 of 6 Posts