GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I continue to modify my bike and truly push it's limits...I am curious to know what some of the 1/4 mile times have been and with what mods...

Personally, I have not ran mine yet. I have a moore mafia tune, intake plate removal with k&n filter, cat/muffler delete, yosh alpha slip-on. Front end strap kit is in the mail...

Hoping for 10.0-10.4 consistently. Anything faster and a little weight loss on my part could have me in the high 9's?

LETS SEE THOSE SLIPS!!!!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
i will be taking mine to the track this weekend after a full build, will post times and a video. also dyno'ing this friday and will post power numbers.

last year i did a best of [email protected] (will try to dig the slip up) mods at that point were a flash, M4 header with leo vince muffler, K&N filters with air plate removed, 16/45 sprockets. i weighed 197 unsuited at the time

im hoping this weekend if weather and everything else lines up, i hope a low 9 at about 153mph, just my own personal goal

·
Registered
247 Posts
i will be taking mine to the track this weekend after a full build, will post times and a video. also dyno'ing this friday and will post power numbers.

last year i did a best of [email protected] (will try to dig the slip up) mods at that point were a flash, M4 header with leo vince muffler, K&N filters with air plate removed, 16/45 sprockets. i weighed 197 unsuited at the time

im hoping this weekend if weather and everything else lines up, i hope a low 9 at about 153mph, just my own personal goal
Good luck at Cayuga.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Please do let us know what kind of numbers the bike puts down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Please report back! Im in the process of doing a sprocket change to help dig times. -1/+2

·
Registered
124 Posts
i wasnt able to go, got rained out and couldnt get dyno tuned. i am supposed to go to the track tomorrow so fingers crossed. i will report back my times but as of thus far, i have not got the bike dyno tuned

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wasnt able to go, got rained out and couldnt get dyno tuned. i am supposed to go to the track tomorrow so fingers crossed. i will report back my times but as of thus far, i have not got the bike dyno tuned
10.3-10.4 seems to be the best times I have seen. I want to see some slips or dragy times! Let’s push each other to get faster! I will see the strap kit from ebay works great and really helps keep that front end down

·
Registered
124 Posts
well unfortunate thing is that people dont buy these bikes for speed or to take to the track. i ended up with this bike not by choice, i had a zx6r but couldnt get insurance, insurance companies here dont like to insure sport bikes so i traded the bike back in for a gsxs1000f which i could insure and i just started building mine up for performance. so far i am very happy with this bike and the potential the k8 GSXR engine has. everyone tells me i am stupid to mod this bike or just go buy a supersport, well if i could buy and insure a supersport i would but i cant so i am building this bike lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well unfortunate thing is that people dont buy these bikes for speed or to take to the track. i ended up with this bike not by choice, i had a zx6r but couldnt get insurance, insurance companies here dont like to insure sport bikes so i traded the bike back in for a gsxs1000f which i could insure and i just started building mine up for performance. so far i am very happy with this bike and the potential the k8 GSXR engine has. everyone tells me i am stupid to mod this bike or just go buy a supersport, well if i could buy and insure a supersport i would but i cant so i am building this bike lol
With the right rider, this bike can give any supersports problems from a dig because of the gearing. Plus the K5 motor platform is one of the best ever. Period. I have no doubt this bike if built right, could break into the 9’s. Thats fast. Plus it doesn’t cost 15k+ like these 200hp superbikes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I 'm taking mine to the track at some point when they reopen Willowbank Raceway both 1/4 mile and and a track day here and there , got to open up the money box every now and again , Its so much fun blasting down the the 1/4 mile no matter what your on or in .......so much fun and its legal

·
Registered
651 Posts
everyone tells me i am stupid to mod this bike
Joke'em if they can't take a ****.
FWIW I am glad you are on here. 2 reasons. 1. I got a great deal on my exhaust ;) . 2. I find it instructive to see what possibilities exist for modding this bike.

·
Registered
651 Posts
So you are about 9k off.
Oh, I misunderstood. I was thinking bike PLUS what it would take to get 200HP out of the bike. Like another 6k to get to 200HP. But that is not what you meant. My bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts