GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't seem to find anything for the talon unit here in the states, doesn't look to even be listed on the website. But I did just find out the part number for the CS sprocket is the same as the Vstrom 1000 2014-current (maybe previous models also), so that may be a good bet. Haven't had the chance to look yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I didn't find anything too...please help me ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
have been using a 18t 42t combination for at least 2k miles now and it is great for motorway use. However it has taken away a bit of the thrill on non motorway rides wher accel is good fun, but I could always drop down a gear if I wanted the old bike back?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't seem to find anything for the talon unit here in the states, doesn't look to even be listed on the website. But I did just find out the part number for the CS sprocket is the same as the Vstrom 1000 2014-current (maybe previous models also), so that may be a good bet. Haven't had the chance to look yet.
i haven't had any luck either

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anyone gotten a definite source/part number for an 18 tooth sprocket yet? I cannot find the Talon sprocket anywhere and I've looked many other places for one, including by referencing the 14-15 DL1000. I found lots of 14-17 tooth parts for the V-Strom, but nothing for 18 teeth.
Anyone have any new info?
Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Look at my earlier suggestions for an 18t sprocket. One off a Kawazaki Z1000 is what I fitted but the sprocket has a shoulder machined on the outside face so you no longer need the washer under the nut. Hope that helps as I cant find a part number at moment.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
read post 6,suzuki gsx r 750 525 sprockets available from talon engineering,14 -19 teeth,they have them in stock,ive had a 18 tooth on mine since October 2015

·
Registered
152 Posts
So, I finally found that Vortex make an 18 tooth sprocket that is readily available here in the US. The sprocket number is 2910 and can be had in sizes ranging from 15-18 teeth.

Reactions: Ireek

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed an AFAM Superlite 520 Conversion kit on GSXie. I spoke with Kevin at Drive System, he recommended a 17T CS and 42T RS for gearing. Based on my complaint and the application he was able to pin point the kit that I needed. Man...what a difference this made! So far, I have rode it for about 150 miles and the bike runs great at 75 MPH revving at around 4600 RPM.

No major complaint with acceleration or power delivery, plus it looks really good! I choose a D.I.D ERV3 Gold Plated Drive Chain....pictures to follow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts