GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a new 2019 GSX S750 last week Saturday. I already have 400 miles on it. I'm not a fan on how long it takes to engage the clutch.

I was wondering on how do you change this? I'd like for it to engage about halfway. Right now it engages at the very top and it sucks.

I've tried googling on how to do this, but cannot seem to find a way to do it. I've already tried to adjust the cable at the top, but not too sure what I'm doing lol! I've already looked up how much play one should have and what not.

So if someone could help me out that would be great!

Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I bought a new 2019 GSX S750 last week Saturday. I already have 400 miles on it. I'm not a fan on how long it takes to engage the clutch.

I was wondering on how do you change this? I'd like for it to engage about halfway. Right now it engages at the very top and it sucks.

I've tried googling on how to do this, but cannot seem to find a way to do it. I've already tried to adjust the cable at the top, but not too sure what I'm doing lol! I've already looked up how much play one should have and what not.

So if someone could help me out that would be great!

Thank you.
There is no real way to change the biting point of the clutch. there should be half an inch of free play at the end of the clutch lever. If you increase the free play so that the clutch bites earlier then you probably will not be able to disengage the clutch fully making engaging first gear at standstill almost impossible. It sounds to me that your clutch cable has no free play in it. Check your owners manual for the correct way to adjust the cable.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
When I had my current model 2019 GSX-S750, I found the Owners Manual gave clear instructions on how to set up the clutch basket free play and the cables.
It was easy enough, as the 750 has an adjuster that lives behind a cover held on with 3 screws and there is no oil in that compartment.
You just hold a slotted mm screw still and un tension the locking nut that's on the screw thread. You screw the screw in till it stops and then back it off a quarter of a turn and nip up the locknut.
It did improve the clutch feel of where it was biting, and only takes a few minutes to do. The 1000 does not have it set up like this.

Rob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts