GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well went out this morning and did about 50 odd mile and its certainly been worth the wait.

Took the panniers off yesterday I won't use them too much but because I bought it on a PCP it wasn't a great deal more to have the GT+ model as the GFV went up as well.

Paired up the Suzuki MySpin App up yesterday seemed easy enough once I sussed you needed to start the bike !!

Removed them reflectors but its not a 2 minute job !!

Anyway went round some local roads to Slaidburn and came back over Waddington Fell and through Clitheroe and back home.

Bike feels fantastic plenty of power compared to the few KTM Dukes I've recently had and everything worked perfectly including the App. Had some quiet music on in my helmet with the Sena bluetooth headset and could view Maps off my iPhone on the display if I wanted.

Bike sounds great I'd been looking at aftermarket cans but don't think I'l bother now.

Quickshifter was faultless but I kept forgetting and using the clutch as well but that was very light but no adjustment for hands but the front brake does.

Did stall on me once as I approached a tight bend going into Slaidburn which was fun !! Thought it was meant to have some anti stall feature but I could be wrong ? I'll check the bike later to see if its anything you need to activate.

Make sure you alter your mirrors before setting off as they are some reach away haha.

The sheep seemed to like it I left it running and they came running over !!

Any questions just ask but its a great bike just what I wanted something to do everything on and have a turn of speed as well, oh and have some gadgets haha.

Vehicle Mountain Car Product Motor vehicle

Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank

Sky Cloud Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
the anti stall has been around for years, you can still stall the bike, but its not easy. its not a fullproof thing. what reflectors are you talking about? I already ordered 2 replacement front bolts for the front fender (in US we get a reflector on the front fender thing over the tires) so I bought replacement bolts already.

I would like to remove the reflectors off the panniers but I also wont have them on 99% of the time. it looks nice without them and unless I need to take stuff somewhere, no point to me to be on. im not enthusiastic about them for my DD riding

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it was strange geared down from 2nd to 1st for the tight u turn and the lights just went out on dash ?? I'll keep my eye on it, pulling away was always really smooth and no jittery throttle at low speeds was evident.

When you take the panniers off with the silly reflectors it has 2 more underneath the rear seat hanging down !!
You have to unbolt the inner mudguard to get to the Allan key bolts which hold them in place.

My UK bike didn't have the front ones but I've known UK bikes with them before I've had and removed :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Smart sheep. Can I ask how the vibration level is at different RPMs ? I believe the anti-stall is that in gear as you start to let the clutch out, it raises the rpm's a tad. You could check it by just barely letting out the clutch without touching the throttle and listen. Thanks for the info, nice bike !

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah I'm going to have a mess with it tomorrow outside the house just doing slow speed manoeuvring but this was as I dropped it from 2nd to 1st hopefully nothing.

Didn't feel any vibrations to be honest in any speed but did have my winter gloves on as it was freezing.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Do you mind taking a pic or explaining how the pannier extender support pieces are attached to the passenger foot pegs? Is there just a bolt that screws into the foot pegs that makes that extension piece removable, or is it welded on?

View attachment 47883
its removable. bolted. gotta remember, this is a kit they bolt on to make bags work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Bike must be really factory fresh - noted that blue paint has rubbed off on a couple of sheep.
The sheep made me think of Youtube Blogger John Fish a.k.a. Lamb Chops Rides.
Perhaps, they are his loyal Subscribers, and mistook you for him, Shurm ?

Rob.

Yeah it must have they got that close 😂 I left it running to take a pic and they all piled round it I was thinking don't ram it 😆

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really liked the SX I was thinking about another then the GT was announced. The thing I like about the GT was the MySpin App so I could have maps and music at the same time on screen without having to buy anything extra.
I wasn't bothered about an IMU and a centre stand but I wish the GT had 2 headlights on it does my OCD in only having 1 😂.
I've had loads of bikes (25 in 15 years and that's only the ones in my iPhone had loads before) but I've always got pretty bored soon either too slow, no protection, can't carry stuff, too heavy, just boring, problems etc etc. I'm really hoping this GT ticks all the boxes I need (y) Its fast enough, big enough has the gadgets and its great fun to ride !!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts