GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Phones cameras can be affected by low-frequency vibration this is one of the main reasons I love QuadLock vibration dampener as it protects the phone's camera.
Yes...I'm aware...I have been lucky to put on tens of thousands of miles on with a Iphone in a ram mount...but my luck ran out....I've been looking into the Quadlock

·
Registered
805 Posts
Trevor, I hope you can get it sorted, I swear by using a combination of the Quad Lock and Ram mounts and it has worked fantastic for me. Quad-Lock is another great Australian Company that has gained a great reputation for doing R&D along with making quality products. Sort of makes me proud when you have companies like them and Rok Straps being recognised around the world and made in our backyard. The sad part is we don't have the population to support these products to make them profitable, but the great news is they look at the world markets plus they are excepted for the quality products they are and other bike enthusiasts get to also benefit from them.
Let me ask you how safe they are to use… I do a lot of off road riding and don’t want to lose my phone. The quad lock just doesn’t seem as safe as the ram

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hi Trevor,
I can tell you if you use a Quadlock you won't lose your phone they are so secure and the phone works by having their case and mount all you need to do is press the lever and twist. Takes a second to lock or unlock your phone. I have had the Ram x or claw mount the phone was sort or secure with the elastic strap but the claw or x used to be a pain by touching the phone's side buttons. I had a mate that lost a phone using the same amount but I am sure he never used the supplied elastic /rubber with the x mount. Here are some pics of the system I use. It is standard for Quadlock to use their phone case and the mount to give you a better idea. They also have a Poncho cover that can be added to cover the phone in the rain. These are just 2 of the mounts Depending on your bars and if you use the Ram Short Arm as I do with the ball and Vibration dampener that I use all the time that protects the phone's camera. I hope these give you a better idea of how the system works along with just 2 of their mounts. Guys I work with use them in off-road and endurance racing along with pushbike mountain riding as well as everyday use and never lost a phone ever.

View attachment 47973 View attachment 47974 View attachment 47975 View attachment 47976 View attachment 47977 View attachment 47978 View attachment 47979 View attachment 47980
Thanks for this info...very helpful...I'm going to order a set up today!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well its bonkers you can faff around with it loads whilst in the App, change music, ring people but once you return to the main bike screen you can't go back, it normally only takes a second when stopped to do it ? Might be because the App will close on the phone so you can't go back to it without selecting the App on your phone ? I'll try it soon that must be why, once you go out the MySpin App it will close on the phone.

Just tried it on the paddock stand you can go in and out of the App fine when not moving must be something to do with safety why you can't but like I said it bonkers that.

Fi light is still on as well but I did read somewhere about starting them up on a stand could maybe bring the light on ? Need to google and get it booked in seems to run fine though.
I feel fortunate that you are working this out for us before we get delivery. Trying to find silver linings. Lol

·
Registered
805 Posts
I am not trying to push anyone to use one thing over the other let alone care what they like, I just know the Quad Lock system works for me and is quick to lock or unlock. I can say you never have a hassle with the phone sliding around and pushing on the side buttons as the Ram X / Claw can do. I am not knocking the Ram system as I use their Arms to secure the ball, if I use the arm that mounts onto the clutch or brake mount then that works fine as it already has the ball to mount your arm.
View attachment 47981
Done! I ordered the Quad Lock system with dampener, steering stem mount, mirror mount and bar mount! Watched my wife roll her eyes when she heard the woman on the phone tell me the price. Lol 😂

·
Registered
805 Posts
Lord, I have way too many concerns on the bike to be dinking with my phone. I had a nice phone mount, used it for a while, but never really needed to look at my phone. I have a Sena 20S with FM and bluetooth to the phone (in my pocket) and listen to music, news, and get an occasional phone call. Maybe I'm just too old school. 🤣
Lol....I use my phone the exact same way....buuut...I also do a lot of trips where I want maps on my phone...for example these are some pics from last weekend when me and some buddies went to a fairly remote place on Vancouver Island for 3 days on our dual sports. :)

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Plant

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Ran into freak snow at 400ft....lol

Plant Snow Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts