GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
See, I have no intention on using the Myspin stuff. Just use regular dash. My helmet and phone pair together and that’s all I need. I also read if the screen turns off the my app or whatever Unconnects

massive drawback to me. But that’s probably due to iOS sandbox design.Once it leaves screen it won’t let it access stuff anymore.
Carplay is built into iOS so that’s why phone can be used and such I believe

will test it out and see.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
You do have to have screen so it doesn't lock but it all works pretty good and you can select music etc by using the bike control buttons. I got the small tank bag so the phones always being charged I thought all this won't work from the off but it has and its very good.

The new Honda has CarPlay but Suzuki must have decided to use this instead, I wish they had of used CarPlay instead though.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yeah, thats **** hole. I wont be using that, bluetooth to my phone is all I care about. this suzuki proprietary stuff was purely to save money. I have a mount that puts the phone directly on my center of handlebars. lemme see if I can find any photos of what I mean.

see. here. I kept it off my 18 I sold. going to have it on my 22. also had a plug that will reach the usb (I had usb on my 18 too) so exacts same setup

when I had gps, it shows it on the phone perfectly, dont need it on the actual motorcycle display. you can rotate up or sideways, I like it sideways. you can see my lightning cord if you look closely on the right unattached to anything. it worked well. ive had ram mounts for yearsss Neve rlost a phone not even once.
Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
278 Posts
The Bike must be really factory fresh - noted that blue paint has rubbed off on a couple of sheep.
The sheep made me think of Youtube Blogger John Fish a.k.a. Lamb Chops Rides.
Perhaps, they are his loyal Subscribers, and mistook you for him, Shurm ?

Rob.
I think they( the sheep that is) Barred, John from any more reviews lol. His channel is great I love his reviews that seem to be genuine with a bit of humour thrown in.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You do have to have screen so it doesn't lock but it all works pretty good and you can select music etc by using the bike control buttons. I got the small tank bag so the phones always being charged I thought all this won't work from the off but it has and its very good.

The new Honda has CarPlay but Suzuki must have decided to use this instead, I wish they had of used CarPlay instead though.
I think you might find the reason they don't use car play is that the licence fee from Apple is not cheap.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I want the screen for navigation....I just ruined the camera in my iphone this weekend out on my dr650...waiting this long it better work.
Phones cameras can be affected by low-frequency vibration this is one of the main reasons I love QuadLock vibration dampener as it protects the phone's camera.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Phones cameras can be affected by low-frequency vibration this is one of the main reasons I love QuadLock vibration dampener as it protects the phone's camera.
Yes...I'm aware...I have been lucky to put on tens of thousands of miles on with a Iphone in a ram mount...but my luck ran out....I've been looking into the Quadlock

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes...I'm aware...I have been lucky to put on tens of thousands of miles on with a Iphone in a ram mount...but my luck ran out....I've been looking into the Quadlock
Trevor, I hope you can get it sorted, I swear by using a combination of the Quad Lock and Ram mounts and it has worked fantastic for me. Quad-Lock is another great Australian Company that has gained a great reputation for doing R&D along with making quality products. Sort of makes me proud when you have companies like them and Rok Straps being recognised around the world and made in our backyard. The sad part is we don't have the population to support these products to make them profitable, but the great news is they look at the world markets plus they are excepted for the quality products they are and other bike enthusiasts get to also benefit from them.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Trevor, I hope you can get it sorted, I swear by using a combination of the Quad Lock and Ram mounts and it has worked fantastic for me. Quad-Lock is another great Australian Company that has gained a great reputation for doing R&D along with making quality products. Sort of makes me proud when you have companies like them and Rok Straps being recognised around the world and made in our backyard. The sad part is we don't have the population to support these products to make them profitable, but the great news is they look at the world markets plus they are excepted for the quality products they are and other bike enthusiasts get to also benefit from them.
Let me ask you how safe they are to use… I do a lot of off road riding and don’t want to lose my phone. The quad lock just doesn’t seem as safe as the ram

·
Registered
278 Posts
Let me ask you how safe they are to use… I do a lot of off road riding and don’t want to lose my phone. The quad lock just doesn’t seem as safe as the ram
Hi Trevor,
I can tell you if you use a Quadlock you won't lose your phone they are so secure and the phone works by having their case and mount all you need to do is press the lever and twist. Takes a second to lock or unlock your phone. I have had the Ram x or claw mount the phone was sort or secure with the elastic strap but the claw or x used to be a pain by touching the phone's side buttons. I had a mate that lost a phone using the same amount but I am sure he never used the supplied elastic /rubber with the x mount. Here are some pics of the system I use. It is standard for Quadlock to use their phone case and the mount to give you a better idea. They also have a Poncho cover that can be added to cover the phone in the rain. These are just 2 of the mounts Depending on your bars and if you use the Ram Short Arm as I do with the ball and Vibration dampener that I use all the time that protects the phone's camera. I hope these give you a better idea of how the system works along with just 2 of their mounts. Guys I work with use them in off-road and endurance racing along with pushbike mountain riding as well as everyday use and never lost a phone ever.

Rectangle Grey Gas Font Tints and shades
Organism Book Publication Font Book cover
Font Line Parallel Motor vehicle Poster
Wheel Auto part Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system
Wheel Auto part Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system
Auto part Plastic Personal protective equipment Event
Auto part Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Plastic Metal
Tool Bumper Automotive exterior Electric blue Auto part

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yeah, I dont use anything except the 4 claws. too much hassle, the net was inconvenient for me.
if I lose my phone I will go pick it up, if its run over, I will buy a new phone. not too worried about it. grips are strong. you are supposed to super glue the rubber grips onto the metal hooks though, many dont do that im sure.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah, I dont use anything except the 4 claws. too much hassle, the net was inconvenient for me.
if I lose my phone I will go pick it up, if its run over, I will buy a new phone. not too worried about it. grips are strong. you are supposed to super glue the rubber grips onto the metal hooks though, many dont do that im sure.
I am not trying to push anyone to use one thing over the other let alone care what they like, I just know the Quad Lock system works for me and is quick to lock or unlock. I can say you never have a hassle with the phone sliding around and pushing on the side buttons as the Ram X / Claw can do. I am not knocking the Ram system as I use their Arms to secure the ball, if I use the arm that mounts onto the clutch or brake mount then that works fine as it already has the ball to mount your arm.
Camera Flash photography Camera accessory Gadget Video camera

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi Trevor,
I can tell you if you use a Quadlock you won't lose your phone they are so secure and the phone works by having their case and mount all you need to do is press the lever and twist. Takes a second to lock or unlock your phone. I have had the Ram x or claw mount the phone was sort or secure with the elastic strap but the claw or x used to be a pain by touching the phone's side buttons. I had a mate that lost a phone using the same amount but I am sure he never used the supplied elastic /rubber with the x mount. Here are some pics of the system I use. It is standard for Quadlock to use their phone case and the mount to give you a better idea. They also have a Poncho cover that can be added to cover the phone in the rain. These are just 2 of the mounts Depending on your bars and if you use the Ram Short Arm as I do with the ball and Vibration dampener that I use all the time that protects the phone's camera. I hope these give you a better idea of how the system works along with just 2 of their mounts. Guys I work with use them in off-road and endurance racing along with pushbike mountain riding as well as everyday use and never lost a phone ever.

View attachment 47973 View attachment 47974 View attachment 47975 View attachment 47976 View attachment 47977 View attachment 47978 View attachment 47979 View attachment 47980
Thanks for this info...very helpful...I'm going to order a set up today!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I want the screen for navigation....I just ruined the camera in my iphone this weekend out on my dr650...waiting this long it better work.

I think you will like the built in screen it does look good next time I'm out I'll actually put a route in and see how it performs, just can't understand if you come out the MySpin App screen why you can't go back in without stopping !!??

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think you will like the built in screen it does look good next time I'm out I'll actually put a route in and see how it performs, just can't understand if you come out the MySpin App screen why you can't go back in without stopping !!??
It’s likely because of hands free safety issues? Maybe

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
It’s likely because of hands free safety issues? Maybe
Well its bonkers you can faff around with it loads whilst in the App, change music, ring people but once you return to the main bike screen you can't go back, it normally only takes a second when stopped to do it ? Might be because the App will close on the phone so you can't go back to it without selecting the App on your phone ? I'll try it soon that must be why, once you go out the MySpin App it will close on the phone.

Just tried it on the paddock stand you can go in and out of the App fine when not moving must be something to do with safety why you can't but like I said its bonkers that.

Fi light is still on as well but I did read somewhere about starting them up on a stand could maybe bring the light on ? Need to google and get it booked in seems to run fine though.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts