GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

Registered
Well its bonkers you can faff around with it loads whilst in the App, change music, ring people but once you return to the main bike screen you can't go back, it normally only takes a second when stopped to do it ? Might be because the App will close on the phone so you can't go back to it without selecting the App on your phone ? I'll try it soon that must be why, once you go out the MySpin App it will close on the phone.

Just tried it on the paddock stand you can go in and out of the App fine when not moving must be something to do with safety why you can't but like I said it bonkers that.

Fi light is still on as well but I did read somewhere about starting them up on a stand could maybe bring the light on ? Need to google and get it booked in seems to run fine though.
I feel fortunate that you are working this out for us before we get delivery. Trying to find silver linings. Lol

Registered
I am not trying to push anyone to use one thing over the other let alone care what they like, I just know the Quad Lock system works for me and is quick to lock or unlock. I can say you never have a hassle with the phone sliding around and pushing on the side buttons as the Ram X / Claw can do. I am not knocking the Ram system as I use their Arms to secure the ball, if I use the arm that mounts onto the clutch or brake mount then that works fine as it already has the ball to mount your arm.
View attachment 47981
Done! I ordered the Quad Lock system with dampener, steering stem mount, mirror mount and bar mount! Watched my wife roll her eyes when she heard the woman on the phone tell me the price. Lol 馃槀

Registered
Lord, I have way too many concerns on the bike to be dinking with my phone. I had a nice phone mount, used it for a while, but never really needed to look at my phone. I have a Sena 20S with FM and bluetooth to the phone (in my pocket) and listen to music, news, and get an occasional phone call. Maybe I'm just too old school. 馃ぃ

Registered
Lord, I have way too many concerns on the bike to be dinking with my phone. I had a nice phone mount, used it for a while, but never really needed to look at my phone. I have a Sena 20S with FM and bluetooth to the phone (in my pocket) and listen to music, news, and get an occasional phone call. Maybe I'm just too old school. 馃ぃ
Lol....I use my phone the exact same way....buuut...I also do a lot of trips where I want maps on my phone...for example these are some pics from last weekend when me and some buddies went to a fairly remote place on Vancouver Island for 3 days on our dual sports. :)

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Plant

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Ran into freak snow at 400ft....lol

Plant Snow Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
the anti stall has been around for years, you can still stall the bike, but its not easy. its not a fullproof thing. what reflectors are you talking about? I already ordered 2 replacement front bolts for the front fender (in US we get a reflector on the front fender thing over the tires) so I bought replacement bolts already.

I would like to remove the reflectors off the panniers but I also wont have them on 99% of the time. it looks nice without them and unless I need to take stuff somewhere, no point to me to be on. im not enthusiastic about them for my DD riding
I鈥檓 also in the USA and took off those hideous reflectors, can you give me that bolt part#?

cheers,

Greg

Registered
2022 GSX-S1000

Registered
2022 GSX-S1000
09139-06221

These are the the same bolts, but black. I replaced all four with these and I think it looks good... FYI, I'm on the Triton blue naked version, but the bolts are the same.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Registered
Test rode a 2018 Ducati Supersport, 3 issues before i left the driveway, lol...Clutch grabbed, couldn't find neutral until i rooles the bike back & forward 1/2 dozen times & then it would not start in neutral...yes, with the clutch held in ! Not reall the character i was looking for, lol...
09139-06222

Thanks. I actually found the silver OEM, thank you!

Registered
Shurm,

That's fantastic and thanks for those wonderful pictures. It's a wonderful bike and I have ~380 on mine. I did install the EVO radiator guard, and they do have the GT instructions on the website.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts