GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I have a 2022 gsx-s1000, and when I start the bike and put it in first gear it quite noisy. It's better after the temp get higher. The chainslack seems ok, and I know that 1st gear never is supersmooth, but it's nothing like my previous gsx-s1000 2016.

Feels like something's gonna break eventually :LOL:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Lube your clutch cable and see if it makes a difference.
My bike was a bit ruff when changing gears and now it’s smooth.
10w40 engine oil.
Disconnect the clutch cable and shape some blue tac like a small funnel at the clutch leaver end of the cable and keep filling until some oil comes out the other end.
By the way you stick the blue tac to the out cable so there’s no mess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lube your clutch cable and see if it makes a difference.
My bike was a bit ruff when changing gears and now it’s smooth.
10w40 engine oil.
Disconnect the clutch cable and shape some blue tac like a small funnel at the clutch leaver end of the cable and keep filling until some oil comes out the other end.
By the way you stick the blue tac to the out cable so there’s no mess.
I'll try👌

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this noise a heavy clunk sound when you engage 1st gear with the clutch held in or when the bike is running in first.
Standing still, and engaging 1st gear. The gear changes are smooth while running🙂

And as I said, it's much better if I let the bike warm up. But I remember my last gsx-s didn't make so much clunk noise even when cold.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It clunks, but it's a manly clunk! Our gearbox has won countless races in GSXR's in much higher states of tune pushing much higher HP without issue. I wouldn't worry about the clunk. My 113ci Vtwin cruiser clunks like a farm tractor going into first but it's also 100% Reliable for over 25K miles. It's all good.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds to me it's just the transmission internals spinning and then coming to a stop when you put it in gear. That stop from the inertia once the clutch is pulled is the audible clunk. Try pulling in the clutch, waiting 5 seconds then press down on the shifter and I guarantee it will be a buttery smooth shift.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
It clunks, but it's a manly clunk! Our gearbox has won countless races in GSXR's in much higher states of tune pushing much higher HP without issue. I wouldn't worry about the clunk. My 113ci Vtwin cruiser clunks like a farm tractor going into first but it's also 100% Reliable for over 25K miles. It's all good.
Haha, yes it is a manly clunk. I squeeze the clutch lever a few times before i put it in gear when it's cold. It's a really tough gearbox.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,439 Posts
You can always put it in gear before starting the engine, you just need the clutch in and the side stand up then away you go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts