GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather was nice on Saturday so did the daddy day care thing in the morning, took the kids swimming, to earn myself a bit of "me time".
Headed over to Castleton in the Peak District which is my favourite place.
The views are awesome and it's a good stop off for bikers passing through so always plenty to look at.
There is a newsagents/bakery that do THE best pies, pasties and sausage rolls so refilled, cup of coffee and headed back home.
Was only out for around 2 hours but enough to get me itching for summer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
One of my regular places. In my earlier days you could ride right round on the old A623 past Shining Tor before they closed it and sent you up the Winnats Pass.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love Winnats pass, riding down with my visor up, it all just looked 3D.

And yes, a genuine sausage roll, with meat, dripping with lovely fat

·
Registered
890 Posts
Man, we need a ride for food thread, and show the darn food as well as the establishment like seen here. Be interesting to see what different folks from around the world hop on their bikes and ride to eat.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm sorry Gixxer, for me there is nothing more irritating than seeing pictures of people's food they ordered, like a Facebook plague. Am I alone here?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The weather was nice on Saturday so did the daddy day care thing in the morning, took the kids swimming, to earn myself a bit of "me time".
Headed over to Castleton in the Peak District which is my favourite place.
The views are awesome and it's a good stop off for bikers passing through so always plenty to look at.
There is a newsagents/bakery that do THE best pies, pasties and sausage rolls so refilled, cup of coffee and headed back home.
Was only out for around 2 hours but enough to get me itching for summer
Before I moved to Thailand I lived in Buxton in the peak district for 3 years, great driving roads.

I actually almost halfway between the Town and the Cat and Fiddle when it was still open.

Almost every way out of Buxton were great riding roads (in, unfortunately, rare good weather)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm sorry Gixxer, for me there is nothing more irritating than seeing pictures of people's food they ordered, like a Facebook plague. Am I alone here?
Maybe so, but there's so much interesting food in the world, and this place is so varied, it'd be interesting to see what's out there that people enjoy.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be interested in what people grab on the go, not so much fine dining, just the easy go to places that are a treat to visit.

I do agree that people do seem to spend more time posting pictures of food instead of eating it
............ Just get it ate
But there are places, like Peveril Stores in Castleton that people hold dear.
I travel a lot with work and actually go out of my way to visit this shop when ever I can.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before I moved to Thailand I lived in Buxton in the peak district for 3 years, great driving roads.

I actually almost halfway between the Town and the Cat and Fiddle when it was still open.

Almost every way out of Buxton were great riding roads (in, unfortunately, rare good weather)[/QUOTE]

A little bit jealous of this

1 - 20 of 34 Posts