GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1st Service Torque Specs

15K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Ganooo 
#1 ·
I just passed the 600 mile mark today. Looking at the owner's manual, says to "tighten" exhaust pipe, muffler, chassis bolts and nuts; but doesn't say what tighten means. I did a forum search, and found folks listing K5 specs from a while back. I ordered my FSM a few days ago, but probably won't get in till monday.

Does anyone know, or would be willing to look up in their FSM, the torque specs for these?

Thanks,

-Jaren

#5 ·
Thank you very much :) I'll get on that tomorrow.

The oil change was way more of a PITA than it should have been.

Oil filter does not need to be on that tight

And I may just tell the dealer that when I show up tomorrow to play everybody's favorite game of "why did this bolt I've never touched fall out of my fairing?"

#8 ·
Jeffro Yup, wrench broke, wound up having to go get a set of toothed filter pliers from Harbor Freight. Practically peeled the filter off, but once it was finally loose it backed off easily. No apparent thread damage or contaminates left over.

Stromer I ordered the manual from the dealer already, wish I'd have known about that site, but it's paid for and they don't do returns on printed material. They said it comes direct from the publisher, so just waiting on it to arrive.

-Jaren